First Omega - Vintage Constellation. How'd I do?

Hello, I'm new to this forum (and to Omega!)

I got this Constellation from the mid-50s from Chrono24 - and it's currently on its way to me. Couldn't be more excited!

It's ref 2852-5 SC, with an automatic cal. 501 inside. Wanted to see what people thought of it - I looked at a lot of references from this forum and everything about the dial looked legit to me. 1.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

Assuming this is a gold-capped case, I'm not sure I understand what I am seeing on the underside of the lugs, at the tips. Is the cap wrapped around on this case? Not a problem, just interesting.
Edited:

At times, and rather like the Sorting Hat in Harry Potter, we don’t choose the watch, the watch chooses us, and in this case, the watch has called out to you.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy it - I’d certainly be happy to wear it.

Assuming this is a gold-capped case, I'm not sure I understand what I am seeing on the underside of the lugs, at the tips. Is the cap wrapped around on this case? Not a problem, just interesting.
I've seen this before on several legit gold capped Connie cases. It's not that unusual.

probably O had some spare gold to spend 😉
it is probably related to varying technique from one case maker to the next.

I’ve had some where it wraps around quite a lot, especially on earlier models

You did well. Congrats, and welcome! Have it serviced and use it. That way, you will enjoy it the most.

a few scratches on the dial... tool marks probably ?? If you service it, you may request the crystal to be taken off and bezel and crystal cleaned as there seems to be some dirt between the 2.

Congrats gorgeous watch. My 2652 cousin says hi and welcome to the Forum
FE11D1C3-6C5D-4750-B915-3EC25B6305DB.jpeg

Thanks for the kind words everyone - my excitement has just grown by reading this thread!

At times, and rather like the Sorting Hat in Harry Potter, we don’t choose the watch, the watch chooses us, and in this case, the watch has called out to you.

Couldn't think of a better way to put it myself - I looked at about 40 vintage Omegas but the second I saw this one, it jumped out to me right away. It will definitely will be getting plenty of wrist time.