First Omega Vintage 14770 - Did I make a mistake

So I bought my first omega vintage, An omega seamaster CK 14470 2SC
Here are the photos, except that the photo of the movement came from the seller, and this is the best he could send, and after receiving it, I had no way of openning this case, since this is openned through the bezel instead of the case back.

Did I make the right decision?

TIA

IMG_6546.jpg IMG_6542_2.jpg IMG_6543.jpg IMG_6547.jpg IMG_6548.jpg omega calibre 562.jpeg

Looks fully original to me, and serial seems to be in the correct range. Assuming you didn't overpay, it's a nice acquisition!

Good work, miles better than my and many others first foray into vintage omega

Looks lovely and legit. Dunno what you paid but I reckon that if it’s below 600€ you did good.
Not sure why the buckle is taybriye instead of staybrite but there’s a whole -excellent- thread dedicated to omega buckles right here on OF

Looks lovely and legit. Dunno what you paid but I reckon that if it’s below 600€ you did good.
Not sure why the buckle is taybriye instead of staybrite but there’s a whole -excellent- thread dedicated to omega buckles right here on OF
Yeah I've been seeing this issue over buckles as to why some are missing the letter S and I haven't really found the reason why.

as for the price, ahhhmm, might have overpaid a little, 650 ::facepalm1::, i mean should it be less than 600? 🤔

Good work, miles better than my and many others first foray into vintage omega

Thanks!! I've read and watched countless threads and videos, thanks to this forum for educating the newbies.. but determining the right price is a whole new thing on its own..

Don’t worry about the price - 650€ for this example is definitely not “overpaying”. Many of us have done much, much worse at our first vintage Omega purchase. 😀 I actually think you did quite well.
Enjoy!

Yeah I've been seeing this issue over buckles as to why some are missing the letter S and I haven't really found the reason why.

as for the price, ahhhmm, might have overpaid a little, 650 ::facepalm1::, i mean should it be less than 600? 🤔

650€ is fine, as stated earlier in the thread, many of us have done much worse. I’d say that 650€ is still a very decent deal plus what matters is that you got yourself a very nice watch.
wear it in good health!

crosshair, with those indices, is quite uncommon, I think you did very very very well, I'm jealous of the buckle, let me know if you ever want to trade it for a common swiss sunshine variant 😀

crosshair, with those indices, is quite uncommon, I think you did very very very well, I'm jealous of the buckle, let me know if you ever want to trade it for a common swiss sunshine variant 😀

Thanks to this forum. I'll let you know, it'll be quite a while though 😀

Wonderful acquisition and welcome to vintage Omega collecting. I would have no worries paying 650 dollars for that watch myself.

Very nice example. From where I stand, 650€ sounds like a bit of a bargain for such a nice vintage watch!

Very nice example. From where I stand, 650€ sounds like a bit of a bargain for such a nice vintage watch!

Thanks!, I was kind of looking for something around 500-550 range.. specially I have seen a lot of old post of vintage seamster which appeared to be in good condition at around 500 range posted betwen 2016-2019, so I wasn't quite sure if it was expensive,or the prices of vintage watches have just gone up since the start of the pandemic

it's a fair price, neither the unmissable super deal nor too high.
the loop concerns me a little, to check with other examples.

in any case it is a pretty watch, very clean. it will be comfortable to wear. it's a great acquisition!

Well done for your first Omega! Beautiful and clean watch in original condition.

Thanks!, I was kind of looking for something around 500-550 range.. specially I have seen a lot of old post of vintage seamster which appeared to be in good condition at around 500 range posted betwen 2016-2019, so I wasn't quite sure if it was expensive,or the prices of vintage watches have just gone up since the start of the pandemic
You did fine. Many old timers who preach about what prices “should be” haven’t searched the market in the last year or two…or decade or two.😗
I could buy DJ’s for $3k all day in 2019.