Forums Latest Members
  1. marco salvatici Oct 25, 2014

2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 25, 2014

Hi Marco,
    Unfortunately this piece has a repainted dial, if you wish to gift your son a piece that he will cherish and perhaps pass on I would suggest you look for a totally original piece.
    As I said earlier this evening this forum is the place to look for original pieces from honourable sellers.

3. alam Oct 25, 2014

a lucky young son.... :)

4. marco salvatici Oct 26, 2014

Dear Alpha
    very nice from you to warn me about. Do you suggest me the way to find honourable sellers ? The price was interesting but I can go higher for a an used original one.
    Thank you

5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 26, 2014

On this forum only honourable sellers are tolerated and you are sure of an accurately described piece. Probably the best advice is not to rush, a piece you truly love will turn up but perhaps not right away.

6. marco salvatici Oct 27, 2014

Ok, thank you

7. roach7 Oct 27, 2014

I've heard many horror stories about buying from chrono24.. be careful

8. marco salvatici Oct 27, 2014

There's an indian seller that seems to have half the omega on the planet....... mmmm that's why I am here. Fifteen years ago I bought a Leica for 100euro and it seemed very rare one from a russian guy in an Italian market. I took it to leica center in new york and .... the super leica guy told me the story of a fake underground market and his hunting of that russian guy around the world... he left me with a very good fake camera and a story to tell during a cocktail.
    I can imagine nowadays how easy is to fake a watch. I'll take the Alpha advice and wait for a good Omega to come. Surely I 'll take great advice around here
    best regards

9. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 27, 2014

The wonders of the Indian sellers (not all obviously) such amazing dial colours that no Omega was ever manufactured with. And yet they sell them by the bucketload ::facepalm2::