First Omega - Strap question

Hi All,

I have been wanting an Omega for a while and finally picked one up. At first I was going to go with a Speedmaster Racing 40mm on the silicone strap. I loved the watch but didn't love the look of the 40mm on my wrist so I went with a Speedmaster Pro 42mm on bracelet instead.

I really liked the silicone strap from the racing. Looking at replacement straps I see them most commonly referred to as deployment straps/clasps. On the Omega website it says fold-over clasp. Are these the same thing or is a different style?

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/...h-professional-black-rubber-strap-032z017245w

Same.

Perfect! Thank you. Thought so but didn't want to go in to spend $550 on the wrong thing.

Perfect! Thank you. Thought so but didn't want to go in to spend $550 on the wrong thing.
For a rubber strap? What a rip-off! 😲

The deployant clasp is included in that price, it's 270 each.

Not rubber but IWC charges €510 for this which incl. clasp and extra springbars:

upload_2024-4-13_22-54-33.png

upload_2024-4-13_22-54-15.png
Edited:

I will buy some 3rd party straps as well for variety however I wanted to get one more OEM Omega strap with the clasp. Paying a premium price is what it is but wild they charge the same for the silicone as they do the leather straps.

I will buy some 3rd party straps as well for variety however I wanted to get one more OEM Omega strap with the clasp. Paying a premium price is what it is but wild they charge the same for the silicone as they do the leather straps.
The nice thing about the deployant is you can use it with other straps, but be aware that the one you are looking at is a 16mm and Omega also has an 18mm.

I'm personally willing to pay the premium for Omega rubber straps...

I've paid the premium for this strap. I won't say it's worth it, but it fits the watch so well