Forums Latest Members

(First) Omega Seamaster 300 Co-Axial

1. SlowDriver Apr 3, 2017

Hi there!

I'm looking into purchasing an Omega Seamaster 300 Co-Axial. Any tips I should know about? Which year model is the one to get? Which one should I avoid? Any dos and don'ts with the watch?

Thanks guys!

SlowDriver

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 3, 2017

I think you're talking about he SMP 300 (sea master pro?) if so yo have a lot to choose from. If you mean sea master 300 co axial or master coaxial you only have one choice unless you wait a few months for the new model to hit the stores.

Assuming you mean the sea-master Pro then first you have to think blue or black, then wave dial or no wave dial and ceramic bezel or no ceramic bezel...those are purely personal choices.

The most classic of the sea-master pro would be the blue dial with wave pattern and aluminum bezel....
    Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 4.09.49 PM.png
    The modern ones (or more modern) are the ones with ceramic bezel and they are beautiful. I like the black better since the blue seems a little off to my taste without the wave pattern.
    Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 4.12.10 PM.png

If you mean "sea-master 300" without the pro then tis is your choice, with either the Bond bezel or the diver bezel:
    Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 4.05.10 PM.png

All pictures are from the internet, not mine. Hope this helps narrow your search.

BondJamesBond007, Kmart and alohatime like this.
  3. BondJamesBond007 Apr 4, 2017

Great post above from Nobel Prize. I have not long purchased one too, see pic below. Model number is: 212.30.41.20.01.002 and has a black wavy dial. I absolutely love it. Mine was purchased in 2010 and was complete with all paperwork, boxes and even an Omega rubber divers strap. I've loved these watches since Goldeneye! I had to have half a link removed earlier and the watch now fits my wrist perfect.

My top tip would be to only buy from a reputable source as Ebay, Gumtree etc is awash with fakery that is very hard to spot unless you know what you're looking for and can see the movement.

Which one you have (blue wavy dial, black wavy dial, ceramic) is a personal choice. I assure you you'll love it.

image.png