Forums Latest Members
  1. x2victor3x Jan 31, 2019

Just purchased my first vintage omega. From reading through the forums I can see that it is a "generic" omega with no model specification. I know there is a million things to look out for, but based on the pictures (link to purchase at the bottom) how did I do?? Anything look off to indicate that it is a fake? Anything tips for a first time purchaser? I have a feeling this is the first of many.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Auto...0c3bcfa:g:HM8AAOSwYV5cUJMr#vi__app-cvip-panelPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Hamish02 Jan 31, 2019

Welcome.

To me it looks good from the average to poor pictures - however I’m no expert.

Those in the know will generally want to see clear face-on pictures including the movement and the inside of the caseback. Perhaps when you receive it, take it to a jeweller and have it opened up and post them on here.

All the best.

3. Mac5 Jan 31, 2019

As a general rule of thumb, it is always best to ask first then decide. I personally would have wanted better pictures of the watch and certainly pictures of the movement and case back. I don't think it is rare, but 99% of the vintages watches on ebay are "rare". If you like it and are happy with the price that is really all that matters. I would definitely put a nice leather strap on it and ditch the cheap flex o band. Enjoy it and post better pics when you get it.

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 31, 2019

You'll also get more responses if post photos rather than making members follow links.

airansun likes this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 31, 2019

s-l1600.jpg
    Photo for posterity

airansun likes this.
  6. x2victor3x Jan 31, 2019

Thanks guys. I definitely jumped the gun in purchasing and posting so quickly. I wanted a nice "starter" omega before putting real money into a nicer watch. I only paid $220 USD so I am feeling good about the price as well. I'll be sure to update when the watch comes in.