Forums Latest Members
  1. Allant Feb 2, 2015

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg i just bought this in an antique store in the French countryside. It is obvious the dial is not good. Can anyone give me any ideas about this watch?i gave it a short wind and it seems to run OK

noelekal likes this.
  2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 2, 2015

If the movement and watch is in good condition some people may place a high value on that dial, so don't toss it away. I would recommend taking some higher resolution pics of the dial and if you can the movement and someone here will give you the full tour.

3. Allant Feb 2, 2015

A higher res photo shows that the dial has Omega Fab Suisse at the top, indicating it was imported into France. I don't have tools with me to open it, so I will take it to a watchmaker to get movement details. The crown is marked with the Omega symbol and the crystal is badly scratched.

DSC_0398.JPG

noelekal likes this.
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 2, 2015

I hope you don't have hairy wrists, those expanda-meshies are real hair grabbers. But they are comfortable though if the size suits.

Can't wait to see the details of the dial and movement.

::popcorn::

5. oscarmadrid2007 Feb 2, 2015

Right it must be like 35mm, its nice, i would not redone the dial, just clean the movement and change the crystal

6. Allant Feb 2, 2015

Thanks for the advice. Next stop a watchmaker. By the way, cost of the watch was 20€. I figured I couldn't lose.