Forums Latest Members

First Omega and couldn't be happier

1. lunasin00 Jul 10, 2014

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello.

I've been lurking on this forum and watchuseek for the past few months researching which Omega model I would want as my first "big-boy" watch.

After doing research and trying on almost every model of Omega watch at the boutique, I decided on a Seamaster Professional 300m watch.

I was going to buy new but ended up purchasing a "Certified Pre-Owned" from Tourneau because they had the "Bond" model in perfect condition and saved money that I'm using to buy an Omega alligator strap and deployment. :)

I couldn't be happier and glad to be part of a community such as this.

-Mark

photo-small.jpg

2. bieb1 Jul 10, 2014

Nice! I like the blue wave pattern dial.

lunasin00 likes this.
  3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jul 10, 2014

this is how it starts...."Just one, and I'm so happy............."

How long till number two?

4. lunasin00 Jul 10, 2014

Haha! Sounds like a conversation I have with my parents and relatives about more kids now that I have one.

Actually, we'll see if the "boss" lets me get another in the near future. I think it will be awhile until I do though.

My one "selling point" to the wife was that this is a piece that I can pass down to my son once he's done college. I hope I get another sooner than 20 years from now though :)

Varasc and lenny like this.
  5. nima0071 Jul 10, 2014

Mine says hello
    image.jpg

dsio and lunasin00 like this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 11, 2014

Great shot!

7. Diverdown Jul 19, 2014

image.jpg Mine says hi as well. Great watch and a great intro into this world of 'big boy' watches. Looks stunning and has aged gracefully. Keep us posted on where your tastes take you next.

8. msp1518 Jul 21, 2014

I love the wave dial.

ashleysteadman likes this.
  9. ashleysteadman Jul 24, 2014

Great choice - this Seamaster Pro has aged very well and is a really timeless watch. I still wear mine all the time - it was also my first decent watch 6 or 7 years ago...

Now I have 5... Oops!

Enjoy it and wear it in good health! :)

10. marsy101 Jul 31, 2014

Congrats on your purchase, really nice.

I also just got my first Omega (AT 'Skyfall'). I love textured dials and it was a tough call between yours and the skyfall.

Needless to say, next purchase conundrum will be Seamaster Pro 300 v Speedmaster 3570.50. I prefer the aesthetics of your Seamaster with it's sporty, rugged yet slightly dressy design but I need a Speemaster in my life because, well you know.... ;)

11. nima0071 Aug 1, 2014

thanks bud