Forums Latest Members

first maybe silly question

1. ioaniro Aug 14, 2016

Hello all,

I have my first silly question and it's not about how much my great-grandfathers watch costs. I was trying to find out what's the (main) difference between the two sales forums (watches for sale vs private watch sales). Also, from reading around I see that new guys like me could be regarded as "high risk" for the sale section so what would be the recommended procedure here? In the eventuality of a purchase the best course of action for me would be to go with someone with good recommendations and great standing and trust them and just make a bank transfer to them?

Sorry if this was already asked, if it was I couldn't find it (no coffee yet).

2. smitty190373 Aug 14, 2016

Hi ioaniro

Welcome to the forum... the private sales section are for normal sellers like you and I. The other sales section is made up of professional watch dealers.

You can email people if you want to buy.. but to sell you need to make 200 posts. Also read the sticky threads at the top of each section, it's all in there.

3. ioaniro Aug 14, 2016

Thanks for the info, I read the sticky threads, but I couldn't figure out what makes a professional dealer... professional :). I have nothing to sell but hopefully soon something to buy (when the right one comes along).

4. smitty190373 Aug 14, 2016

Its like going to a Ford main dealer... or scouring the for sale ads and trying to find one privately.

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 14, 2016

Easy to buy, just be honest and upfront always. Don't commit until you absolute certain you want the watch as backing down at the last minute can be annoying.
    Ask questions and do a bit of research yourself on the one you like and intend on buying.

Most that have watches for sale will be happy to answer any questions you have. ( why your watch is dearer than ones on eBay ( MAYBE NOT ) )

You can check seller references on here.

PM the seller until you have 200 posts

6. ioaniro Aug 14, 2016

Ford? Someone buys Ford? I thought the question was Triumph or Moto Guzzi? :cool:
    Anyway, back on track, it all sounds easy enough, now back to reading this great forum while my first Omega finds me.

7. smitty190373 Aug 14, 2016

Sure, I like Fords...

gallery-1456599626-1966-ford-gt40-mk1-0158-bh.jpg

ahartfie likes this.
  8. ulackfocus Aug 14, 2016

This implies you'll be asking more silly questions. :D

Fix Or Repair Daily.

Found On Roadside Dead.

::rimshot::

9. ioaniro Aug 16, 2016

Of course, that's why I'm the new guy... :confused: