First luxury watch - help needed!

Hi fellow Omega enthusiasts

I am in the process of trying to find my first luxury watch. Have narrowed my choices down to the Omega range. I am a fan of two tone styles and am wondering whether anyone has any experience with the new AT two tone rose gold with rose gold bracelet? Can you wear this every day or is it too fragile? Would also get a leather band to swap over occasionally, if necessary.

Am also potentially considering the new AT small seconds - but would want to pick up a SS bracelet as I am not sure about the rubber strap. Any thoughts about this?

Have included some photos.

Thanks!

I love the small seconds. There is also a white dial two tone AT that is beautiful as well OCWATCHGUY has one right now on his site for a what seems to be a great price.

+1 for the small seconds, there's something about a centered date at 6 o'clock as well!

Re: “too fragile”: it sort of depends on what you mean. If you mean the watch as a functional mechanism, then no, it’s not that fragile. Omega builds robust movements that can withstand pretty much whatever you throw at them on a daily basis.

But if you mean cosmetically—will the watch case and bracelet accrue scratches and dings, then yes, and the same will happen whether it’s gold or steel. It’s only a question of how much that bothers you. I, for one, think it’s just part of owning and wearing a watch.

@Annapolis is spot on with regards to fragility. Personally, I’d go with SS as my first “luxury watch” and see how it wears and fulfills its mission before stepping up to PM.

That’s right, my point RE “fragility” was more about dings and scratches. Thanks