First Impressions - First Time Speedmaster Professional Owner

Over the moon?
Floating?
Fired up?
Lifted off?
Wound up? ;)

In any event, just took delivery of my first (and only) Speedmaster Professional. After a large amount of waffling and research I decided on the Hesalite version ~ I wanted as authentic as possible while taking full advantage of everything Omega had to offer on the research & development front.
Not a fan of bling on me (like it well enough on others though) so the full brushing of the bracelet appeals deeply to me - as does the simplicity of the painted on dial logo. And I love the taper of the bracelet down before it swallows away into what my brain sees as an Art Deco inspired & decored logo on the clasp.
As well, this is my first since mechanical watch since my dad purchased a Timex "Mickey Mouse" for me back in '60s so to solely wind a watch to give it life is a true simple pleasure.
And speaking of winding a watch again, the calibre 3861 winds buttery smooth while providing my fingers and ears with a wonderful - strike that - pleasingly precise clicking sound.

Completely nerding out on the Hesalite and its myriad of trippy distortions.

Must admit, owning other watches and the amount of time (short and long, occasionally never) it takes to "bond" or fall in love with them this new fella is strange... between its storied history and the need to give it/sustain its life through winding it, well I am already feeling a deep affection for it -- and I've only had it for 90+ minutes.

I am very pleased and deeply happy!

20220706_131236-01.jpeg 20220706_131151-01.jpeg 20220706_131045-01.jpeg

You just cannot go wrong with that one. Congratulations and wear in good health.

Love affair still going on with mine, 6 weeks in:)
Hesalite on strap.
IMG_20220604_212414.jpg

Very nice! Hesalite is the way to go, sapphire is for wimps.

@SC1 , great choice. I bought my “big box, unworn” from a guy on a different site. I love it. It’s my DD, tho my other two, an IWC and an Autavia, get some love too. About once a month ;).

Congrats! I got mine a few months ago and I'm still in love. I was dead set on getting the hesalite but after a lot of back and forth, I ended up with the sapphire. I do miss the dome profile of the hesalite but no regrets!

When I walk my dog, I call it the "Peedmaster" :D

upload_2022-7-6_15-16-28.png
Edited: