Forums Latest Members

First Hello ! And Looking For Infos - Guru Wisdom Welcomed.

1. Montrealer Feb 20, 2013

Good morning,

First of all, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Erick and I am a watchaholic. Been collecting since 1998 and own and have owned, as I flip them a lot, a wide range of watches (Omega, Panerai, Bell & Ross, Breitling and microbrands such as Enzo Mechana, Ocean7 etc...). I'm from Montreal, Quebec and work in the telecommunications industry.

Now that I'm properly introduced :) I need your help and knowledge for the following:

I just recently purchased a 1992 Speedmaster Pro in pristine condition and recently serviced for an excellent price from a trusted seller and fellow WUS and TZ member but with the original boxes missing. I really liked the fact that the markers were still painted with tritium and that there is already a nice mild yellow patina developping on them. I just felt this was sooo right for such a classic watch.

Just to satisfy my OCD personality, I would like to try to re-construct the complete package by finding an original box set on the secondary market but I'm a bit confused about the actual watch model number, even after hours of research and by looking at chronomaddox reference sheets, I just can't home in on an answer. What model number were the 1992 speedies referred to (145.022, 3590 ?) and what type of box were they sold with (wood or red leather)

any help on the watch specs would be appreciated, especialy the box part.

here's the actual watch by the way,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance guys, really enjoying the past days reading what appears like years of sharing amongst pationate Omega fans.

Erick

2. ulackfocus Feb 20, 2013

Hi Erick! Welcome to step #1 of the 12 step program to cure watcholism. The rest of us are all perpetually stuck on step one too.

Several flippers here so you'll fit in well.

[​IMG]

It's CDO - in alphebetical order dammit! :p

Can't help you with your box questions but somebody will be along soon enough.

3. Montrealer Feb 20, 2013

Lol !

I'm beyond any possible remission. Right now, my rotation included:

- Omega Seamaster Pro 2254.50
    - Panerai 243L
    - Bell & Ross BR01-92, BR02-92, BR03-94, BR03-88
    - Ocean7 LM2-GMT
    - Enzo Mechana EMV1
    - Sinn U1
    - Sinn155 military
    Countless Suuntos and other sport beaters and other one offs that I made by myself. Probably owned over 100 pieces overall... I realize as I type this that it's a desease. Thank God my wife has a good caracter :)

And now this Speedy...

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 20, 2013

I had a Sinn U1, I flipped it :D Welcome Erick and good luck with you recent quest. :thumbsup:

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Feb 20, 2013

Now.......that's a keeper......

6. TLIGuy Feb 20, 2013

Montrealer...

I have the same Speedmaster model as you. The model is the 3590.50. I purchased mine in the mid 90's and bought it from an authorized dealer here in Virginia. I'm not sure if the boxing is correct but mine came in a brown leather box. I guess it is possible that they just put it in any Omega box sitting around an sent me on my way. Not sure is answers your question but here is a picture of what I recieved my watch in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Montrealer Feb 20, 2013

Thank you TLI guy !

This confirms pretty much what I thought. The way I understand it is that 145.022 refers to the north american speedmaster case set, 345.022 is the same but for the european market, then the model (35XX.XX) numbers refers to the version of the speedmaster watch. So my watch (and yours) are using a 145.022 case set and they are the 3590.50 version (moonwatch with solid caseback). It appears that some other special editions and variations were sold that year such as the 3811.50 (Albertville olympics SE), 3636.20 (rosegold bezel version) etc...

About the box, from what I can see, omega may have been rather inconsistent across its sales channel. In some markets, a grey leather box was used, in some others, a red leather was used, and in your case, you seemed to have received the third type that came in either black or dark brown leather with a folding flip lock.

This is definitely not official info but seems to be the way it goes.

So I guess any 1990's box set will be an adequate choice to complete my quest.

Thanks guys.

Erick