Forums Latest Members
  1. dsenyos Mar 13, 2017

I totally went about this backwards for my first watch. After reading a bunch of threads and overwhelming myself with variations of constellations, I made an impulse buy when I found one I liked and didn't run it by anyone.

http://r.ebay.com/XNRP7u

Now that my research is honed in on a specific variation, I see that people like the 14381 but the crown on this one looks to be replaced.

Do you guys see anything else to be concerned about with this piece?

Thanks for the feedback!

2. Banner Roar Mar 13, 2017

Edited Mar 13, 2017
  3. tyrantlizardrex Mar 13, 2017

Hey,

Welcome!

Please add the pictures here, so that when the ebay listing is gone, this thread still has some value... and so that the people you're asking for help don't have to click off site to do so. :thumbsup:

card0s and TNTwatch like this.
  4. ConElPueblo Mar 13, 2017

Good catch on the seconds hand.

@dsenyos - this is a prime example of why researching in-depth on specific models pay off. The crown isn't a replacement, as it is correct for this reference. However, the dial has been repainted.

Also, the seller's claim of a "incredible condition" re. the case is bullshit, and the size stated is also a bit off - the 14381 is around 34mm. Nothing that matters to most, but it might to some.

Johnny_H and dsenyos like this.
  5. dsenyos Mar 13, 2017

I'll post pics as soon as I get it. It's still on it's way. Thanks for the feedback guys!

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 13, 2017

Here are photos from the listing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

dsenyos and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  7. dsenyos Mar 13, 2017

Thanks efauser!

8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 13, 2017

Gold medallion looks very worn, cleverly hidden by the lack of a clear photo, one more ding to the value.

Johnny_H, dsenyos and TNTwatch like this.
  9. dsenyos Mar 15, 2017

Thanks for the input everyone. I was able to cancel the transaction before it shipped. I think I'll wait until I know more before I make a move on another.

Thanks again!

Johnny_H likes this.