Forums Latest Members
  1. any4xx Sep 27, 2017

I’ve only had "nice" watches for a few months now. I’ve refused to keep them for special occasions, but instead rotate my three Omegas through daily service. I’ve been awaiting my first ding/scratch/scrape with mixed feelings.

So today it finally happened. And I smiled. The only thing I was a bit miffed about was that I wasn’t even wearing it. I had been wearing my Speedy all day while working in the garage and doing regular house chores. This afternoon a package of Dynamat that I’d been waiting for finally arrived. Time to line my Jeep. I wore the watch through about half the job then decided it would be wise to take it off and put it on a rug with a bunch of other stuff I had on the trunk of my other car. I grabbed an interior piece for the Jeep off of the car and knocked my Speedy to the concrete floor. It only suffered a hardly noticeable ding to the bezel. But it’s done.

How dumb that I only put it there to avoid damaging it. I’m only sad that my first battle scar doesn’t have a better story.

2. BenBagbag Sep 27, 2017

I imagine most bezel dings happen off of the wrist. Did it get a ding at 9 o'clock? A while back there was speculation that that's where they fall when dropped. Something about physics...

Either way it's your watch now! You can recognize it from all others. Enjoy!

3. any4xx Sep 27, 2017

Very close. Just below the 9:00 mark. Cue the Twilight Zone music.

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Sep 28, 2017

I can't see the pics!

:D

Euxinus, 63TR4, any4xx and 3 others like this.