Forums Latest Members
  1. (O)MEGA-FREAK May 2, 2016

I've been on the lookout for a vintage Seamaster with a black dial. This is a non-Seamaster model, but with markers I've honestly not seen before.

Needless to say it caught my eye.Seller's poor quality pics did not include movement pics, but I figured it was the venerable cal.351 Bumper movement (did some research from this thread where the OP came accross the exact same model for $1000 but with wrong hands and "Seamaster" painted on the dial to ostensibly to increase value; not to mention a freshly painted chapter ring :

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-bumper-14k-with-black-dial-opinions.22946/)

I understand this should be a gold-capped and stainless steel case.It was a calculated risk with no movement pics.

So how did I do?

s-l500 (6).jpg s-l64.jpg s-l500 (1).jpg s-l500.jpg s-l500 (4).jpg s-l500 (2).jpg
  2. ConElPueblo May 2, 2016

How you did?

That's pretty difficult to say without knowing the price or pictures of both dial and movement.

I'm taking a punt at
    1) burnt out movement and
    2) redial

;)

3. (O)MEGA-FREAK May 2, 2016

Price is a wee bit below $250 .Movement I had no way to tell.

Second page of the thread link I posted has a pic of the exact same dial. Going by the same, I doubt this is a redial.

Edited May 2, 2016
  4. ConElPueblo May 2, 2016

One of your dial pictures didn't show up before, but does now - that looks promising!
    Under 250 (£?) sounds good as well :)

(O)MEGA-FREAK likes this.
  5. (O)MEGA-FREAK May 2, 2016

Price is in USD. Now corrected in my post.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  6. (O)MEGA-FREAK May 4, 2016

Just looking at the pics..Is the gold cap worn on this watch?

Also is there a way to spruce up the case to bring out the gold cap and steel without over-polishing it?

All advice would be appreciated.I am a newbie.