Forums Latest Members
  1. blampley Dec 31, 2018

I am looking at getting my first Speedy and am completely exhausted in research but as much information is out there one piece is missing.

I have decided to use the light grey market and the choice is between two venders.

I am looking at two different saphire sandwich watches that have the same model number. one dealer has one that still says "first and only..." The other has just "first ...". Both have 2018 stamped warranty cards.

Question 1: is one better than the other?
    Question 2: is one manufacturing date much older than the other?

My thanks to the forum in advance.

Edited Jan 1, 2019
  2. base615 Dec 31, 2018

I don’t know the answer to either question but I do know that “First and only...” is inaccurate.

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 31, 2018

Both OK different models

Doesn’t matter with the sapphire as it was the plexi glass that was the first and only

Speedy2254 and Darlinboy like this.
  4. blampley Jan 1, 2019

Standy,

Do you know if they are still shipping "first and only.." versions or is this old stock? I can not find when the change occurred and there is nothing that I have seen in the part number that would indicate a difference. I am also curious if the change impacted anything else.

There is a first coat savings on the "first and only" version but this delta would not be worth it if one watch was several years older.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Bryan

5. ext1 Jan 1, 2019

As far as I know I think it was "First & only" at the beginning then revised to only "First" no? So probably the "First & only" is old stock?