Forums Latest Members

Finishing on Planet Ocean Chronograph (9900) case

1. WiZARD Feb 13, 2017

I've just discovered a few days ago, that the "finishing" is not so perfect on my watch, actually it looks like they forgot to polish/brush the little part under the crown.
    I've dropped an email to Omega, they've answered:
    "As far as the part of the case near the crown is concerned, we are pleased to inform you that the finishing of the case as shown on your picture is correct for this watch model."

What do you think?
    If you have similar watch, can you check it?
    (It is the stainless steel version)

DSC09302.JPG DSC09303.JPG

2. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Feb 13, 2017

Have you compared your watch with other watch of same model? If it is indeed an error, then write again to Omega attaching the photos of the error and correct one and lets see what they will say.

cicindela likes this.
  3. korenje Feb 13, 2017

Well from technical perspective this can't be polished. I am just wondering why did they mill it that way with the opening on the bottom...
    in any case this could've been finished a lot better. if not brushed, then sandblasted before brushing the case.

4. WiZARD Feb 13, 2017

On the titanium version it is polished. - https://www.fratellowatches.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Omega-Seamaster-Planet-Ocean-0945.jpg
    On the 9300 stainless steel it was polished. (I had that, before this)

I'm now looking for confirmation whether it is really not polished on POC cal. 9900 stainless steel watches.

Archer likes this.
  5. korenje Feb 13, 2017

then this is a big mishap on omega's side. you can actually see that on titanium version that the section was polished before brushing. aparently the guy doing it forgot about it. and their quality control failed at some point.

[​IMG]

Edited Feb 13, 2017
  6. korenje Feb 13, 2017

Considering that this is basically a jewlery you could claim some money back or request a new watch?