Forums Latest Members

SOLD Fine Vintage Radium Dial RECTA w/ Full Steel Screw-back case

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 2, 2021

This is a really nice watch, manufactured by a good, under-the-radar brand, RECTA. Based in Bienne (along with Omega), they began to produce in 1897.

[​IMG]

This particular example is very attractive, and probably dates to the early '50s. It is in very good to excellent condition throughout. I believe it to be all original, with the possible exception of the crystal.

The dial is excellent, and all of the original radium is intact, and nicely patinated. The stainless steel "waterproof" screw-back case is attractively designed, in my view. It measures 32.5mm excluding the crown, and was of course a man's watch in its day. The upper case is in excellent condition, and features chamfered lugs that are quite similar to those found on some Movado models of the same period. The case back looks very good to the naked eye, though on close inspection (using a loupe) one can see a few light scratches, and also a series of small reference numbers that were etched by one of those silly watchmakers who, during that period, thought nothing of doing so.

The movement is, I believe, a caliber G10. The bridge design is interesting, and uncommon. It is working, but I have never had it serviced, and would recommend one for regular wear.

Note that the watch is being sold "head only", and that the lug width is 16mm.

I ask €400 (or USD equivalent), and will ship tracked from my home in Portugal. EMS express available at additional cost. Paypal or bank transfer accepted.

Feel free to ask any questions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Feb 3, 2021
    Tet, Zdzislaw, Vitezi and 17 others like this.
  2. CaptainWinsor Feb 2, 2021

Beautiful dial

Zdzislaw, Tony C. and DaveK like this.
  3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 4, 2021

Interest shown, but no sale yet...

Zdzislaw likes this.
  4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 7, 2021

Sold! Thanks to a new member from Bangkok, and, as always, the forum and Mods for hosting the service. :thumbsup:

Ted1858 likes this.