Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer May 19, 2013

Was waiting for someone to jump on this Cal 751...Offers made...So decided to make a offer of my own. Condition looks excellent and I can now pass on some more service work to our respected member Stefan!

I've wanted a sparkle dial as a daily watch for a while but haven't been brave enough to pull the trigger, don't know why? When I saw that this was all steel I just had to....oops!

Sellers Pics:

I'm sure the date will take some getting used to..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368980513.755656.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368980551.388619.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368980596.071399.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368980605.823060.jpg

Saw one at today's fair in more than polished condition for £450! Hope this one is a sharp as it looks :)

Recommended any strap options please?

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 19, 2013

Refinished case but not so bad. I think that was what kept some others from making a play for this one. Would wear nicely though and is a good size for a vintage piece. As many of you know, a favorite model of mine.

Dablitzer likes this.
  3. ulackfocus May 19, 2013

There's no lume in the hands or on the dial - a variation among those Sparkles - but why are the T's bookending SWISS MADE?

ps - it's not a 751 or it would be a chronometer. ;)

4. Dablitzer May 19, 2013

Whatever it is it's gonna be a good daily beater! ;) Strap recommendations?

5. ulackfocus May 19, 2013

I'll beat Mike to the punch - honey ostrich!

(I have one he recommended on my Sparkle chronometer)

NT931 and Dablitzer like this.
  6. Dablitzer May 19, 2013

lol I should of guessed! No ideas about the lume...it baffles me at the best of times.

7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 19, 2013

And get a honey ostrich with some thickness (~4mm or so) plus white stitching to add a sporty flavor to the watch.

8. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur May 19, 2013

I would not buy it (sorry Alex) Looks like the lume dots at the ends of the markers are all gone and the lume strips on hands were replaced by black paint

Should look like this to be correct

[​IMG]

9. ulackfocus May 19, 2013

I'm going to use Hoi's and my post to illustrate this point again: look at how crazy we are. Alex picked up a watch that's pretty good looking with a movement that we all know to be solid if correctly serviced, yet we're nitpicking on minutia. It has the original finish on the dial, less the lume dots. It has a set of hands that match the center of the markers. Overall, if this watch were 100% correct any of us would be proud to wear it, yet because of one change to the lume (or lack of it where it should be) he's being told "I wouldn't buy it". This isn't a Grand Luxe or even a Centenary - it's a sub-$1000 stainless steel watch that's going to be a knock-around.

BTW, I'm not picking on you Hoi. Just cementing the notion that we're loony about originality.

10. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur May 19, 2013

That's the difference between consumers and collectors

11. Dablitzer May 19, 2013

lol - to save debate i've decided to give it a go and sell if I'm not happy.....flip! We all know how long I hold on to average examples anyways! I wouldn't go that far Hoi, we are all consumers. We all buy what we want, this is a game of luck, patience and experience. I am learning about it. Also, I'm not really a collector. I put myself in the "I like what I like" category. It's not to avoid argument, I just have other fish to fry. :p

MKelley likes this.
  12. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur May 19, 2013

Yes, consumers don't go that far but collectors (like me) do. My opinion in this forum always reflects point of view from a collector, not a consumer.

13. Dablitzer May 19, 2013

And that's why we respect you. Amen.

14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 19, 2013

Shouldn't be much trouble to fix the hands (look better). I'd ask Stefan to do it when servicing. You are going to love this as a daily wearer, nothing better in vintage and perfect size. Best thing is to the non WIS public it looks like a modern watch. BTW, these also work great on a 1098 Omega band with 540 ends.

15. Dablitzer May 20, 2013

After a good nights rest I decided to get my money back, hey ho, you live and learn! :rolleyes: movement looked like it had moisture damage.

hoipolloi likes this.