Forums Latest Members

finally, omega gets a rose gold yachtmaster (sorta)

1. dinexus Aug 7, 2018

No idea why, but I'm real hot on a two-tone diver right now. Have always loved the combination of matte & bling surfaces on the Yachtmaster with the rubber strap, but c'mon, my love for two-tone isn't $20k deep.

[​IMG]
    Enter the new Seamaster 300M with the Sedna bezel, which definitely ticks more than a few boxes for me, but at a fraction of the cost.

[​IMG]
    Definitely wish I'd taken better pictures of it at Basel – just remember it being drop-dead gorgeous, but a lot less ostentatious than the YM. Really looking forward to this landing at the local AD real soon.

[​IMG]

2. SuperHero Aug 7, 2018

If two-tone is where you are at, go for it. For a gold sport watch, the Rolex is really nice...if you’re into gold sport watches. Looks like the Omega hits the right buttons and the strap looks great. Ceramic dial too.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  3. ext1 Aug 7, 2018

4. dinexus Aug 7, 2018

Very true – definitely a lot going on here. Still remember it feeling pretty cohesive and great on the wrist though...

5. ext1 Aug 7, 2018

I'm pretty sure I'd change my opinion for the better if I tried it on the wrist for real too! But then again, that happens with almost every watch...

But then again hey, if it floats your boat, why not go for it.

6. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 7, 2018

wow.....really nice..... gota check that out in OB

7. dinexus Aug 7, 2018

I think this is what set me down the two-tone road a short while back when I tried it on... Too big for sure, but the aesthetic (gold on black) is really freaking sweet.

[​IMG]

8. ext1 Aug 7, 2018

Wow, now that's a base model that looks great on two-tone!

ac106 likes this.
  9. Riviera Paradise Aug 8, 2018

I had the same Yachmaster deja vu when I saw the first pictures of the two-tone black dial SMP300. Pretty sure the similarity of the designs was not lost by the folks at Biel.

BTW, saw this exact Yachmaster model live last year during a F1 GP, it did not look too ostentatious in the wild to be honest. I think the TT SMP 300 will also look pretty subdued on the rubber strap.

10. michael22 Aug 8, 2018

It looks good. I don't think I will ever like the skeletal hands, but the rhomboid shape is an improvement over the parralell sides.
    I like the SM GMT hands much better.

11. nurseford25 Aug 8, 2018

This one gave me the yachtmaster vibe.
    upload_2018-8-7_22-44-1.jpeg

fskywalker, Bimmerman77, joso and 3 others like this.
  12. rominvicta Aug 8, 2018

Great piece. I wish it was 42 mm.

steelfish and Speedmasterfan88 like this.
  13. dinexus Aug 8, 2018

Such a unique color combo – literally nothing out there like it, unless you're referring to the original.

[​IMG]
    (photo from RJB at Fratello)

14. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 8, 2018

Hi

VERY COOL WATCH.....

love the Ti and Rose gold edition..... but I only have the Ti Seamaster Pro chrono!

gota dig it up !

Bill

15. bloomy Aug 8, 2018

I think omega has had one for a few years, only problem is the 16mm thickness.

[​IMG]

fskywalker likes this.
  16. steelfish Aug 10, 2018

Same here, love that colour combo. Full gold is too much for me, this is just right.

17. sevykor Aug 10, 2018

The all gold Omega is sharp. I’ve seen both brands in person and the Omega is nicer IMHO. Even the diehard Rolex fans had mixed reviews on the yachtmaster.

18. dinexus Mar 10, 2019

[​IMG]

Well, a full seven months later, I'm quite pleased to have finally added some two-tone to the collection. It's super subtle under most light, but the gold on the black bezel is, as others have noted, a super sharp aesthetic. Favorite thing about it – oddly enough, are the hands, which all match (unlike the SS version which has a painted white hand).

Very happy with this one, though it's just as impossible to photograph as it is in stainless.

[​IMG]

Edited Mar 11, 2019
  19. Bushido Mar 11, 2019

Congratulations on the TT SM!
    Out of curiosity, what made you go for this one over the wave dial TT you were originally eyeing?

20. dinexus Mar 11, 2019

It sounds silly, but I prefer the no-date and 8400 series movement (adjustable hour hand) from a utility standpoint over the timekeeping of the Metas certification. I also really liked how subtle this was compared to the new 300. I'd argue that it's one of the most low-key gold / two-tone watches I've ever seen, which I also really prefer. Wanted to feel comfortable wearing it with just a jeans and tee if it came to that. Ultimately, it reminds me a bit of the Oris Diver 65 with the bronze bezel, but with a more luxe execution with it being actual gold.

Edited Mar 11, 2019
    Bushido likes this.