Forums Latest Members
  1. Lex4TDI4Life Jul 18, 2015

I found this forum after hearing a story on NPR about the first watch on the moon and decided to do some research into getting my own. That was back in 2012. Being a law student with little disposable income, my hopes of snagging a pre-moon Speedy were temporarily dashed. For better or worse, in the intervening years, the prices on pre-moon Speedies have almost doubled and continued to stayed out of my reach.

This was probably for the best, as I almost pulled the trigger on dozens of sub-par examples. By lurking, posting, and collecting more affordable Omegas and Zeniths, I was able to learn a few important lessons: (1) condition is key; (2) originality makes the watch; and (3) buy the seller, not the watch.

Finding myself in a better position in the past few months, I have been watching Ebay and this forum closely, missing out on a few very nice examples. Last Monday, I got a Google alert on the term "145.012 - 67" and was directed to this FS thread. Once I saw it had condition, originality, and a seller with a sterling reputation, I pounced. The three lessons and little patience paid off and I snagged my first pre-moon Speedy from member Kringkly. My pics will not do justice to this piece, so I refer to the original FS thread. Of course, I am obligated to offer one wrist shot taken on a beautiful New England morning....

[​IMG]

Thanks to everyone on this forum who helped me learn a little patience and perseverance. I am beyond thrilled with my new baby. ::love::

2. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 18, 2015

Congrats. Nice piece!

I to am tentatively starting to look for a 145.012.

3. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jul 18, 2015

Very nice pickup. Welcome to the gang.

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 18, 2015

Pretty! Patience does pay off, and kringkily always manages to find good ones. Congrats!

5. Geordie Jul 18, 2015

nice one

6. richardew Jul 18, 2015

Congrats. You are now on the road to financial ruin, like the rest of us. :cool:

bazamu, oddboy and repoman like this.
  7. tsbphd Jul 18, 2015

Congratulations! The lume looks wonderfully uniform and the watch has a terrific, overall appearance. This appears to be a very nice piece. Enjoy it.

8. Lex4TDI4Life Jul 18, 2015

Thanks, y'all. Since the caseback is in such nice condition, I want to stash it away and possibly put on a display back. Does anyone know of a reliable source?

9. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jul 18, 2015

Looks great! :thumbsup:

10. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 19, 2015

If you want to stash it away, I am reliable. PM me for shipping info.

As for the display back...

http://www.customwatchconcepts.com

Lex4TDI4Life likes this.
  11. Lex4TDI4Life Jul 19, 2015

Thanks! Now for the strap. Debating a Hirsch Leonardo Genius, but the price is a bit staggering....

12. daswunschkind Jul 19, 2015

Oh, what a nice watch! One day, one day me too....