Forums Latest Members
  1. seber Mar 17, 2019

In 1969 I bought a new Omega Seamaster Cosmic from the PX. I paid a little under $100 for it at the time. I wore that watch every day until I retired in 2014 and moved from Colorado to Texas. Somehow that watch got lost in the move. All I I have left of it is the Kreisler bracelet that gave up some years earlier. I finally accepted the fact that it is not going to turn up and began looking for a suitable replacement a few months ago. The Longines Conquest I've been wearing in the meantime keeps time to within five seconds per year but it has no soul. Eventually I found this one in Israel through Ebay. It had plenty of wrist cheese but had never been polished. The photos were very poor and I knew I was taking a chance. It turns out that the watch still wears the original crystal and it cleaned up very well except for the bezel that has scratches that look like they were made by cleaning with a scratch awl. Eventually I will get those polished out. That will be a long tedious process and I can't wait to get the repairs made so I can start wearing it first. My only real problem is that the nearest competent watchmaker is 90 miles away in Houston so I may have to do it by mail. DSC09350-001.JPG DSC09355-001.JPG DSC09356-001.JPG DSC09353-001.JPG DSC09355-001.JPG

2. Vitezi Mar 17, 2019

Wrist cheese can be a good thing :D Check the NAWCC site or the AWCI site for a watchmaker near you.

3. fskywalker Mar 17, 2019

Nice, congrats!!!