Forums Latest Members

Finally, I got an Omega for myself

1. npthaiduong Jan 6, 2016

Hello friends,

I have been on this forum for a while since I adore the Omega watches due to their history and craftsmanship. However, I didn't have enough financial foundation for me to obtain one for myself.

Thanks to my new job, a significant advancement in my career, I could finally pull the trigger and got a FOIS for my 30th birthday :) Now I can really join the rank and build my history with this beautiful watch in the years to come.

I do have a quick question for you guys. I wound the watch fully (until it stopped) yesterday evening around 6PM, but when I checked it today morning at 7AM, it stopped running already. I had to wind it again, and I will check it again later today when I get back home. Is this normal?

Thank you,

2. cfw Jan 6, 2016

No most of my watches stays wound for almost 2 days, there can be some dirt in the movement, best is to send it in for service, u waited so long to buy this watch so rather send it in before u damage it

npthaiduong likes this.
  3. repoman Jan 6, 2016

you should get about 48 hours on a full wind, assuming you aren't running the chronograph??

npthaiduong likes this.
  4. npthaiduong Jan 6, 2016

Thank you, guys. Sorry for my novice question, but how do I know if I am running the chronograph? I only see the small second hand running.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 6, 2016

If the large chonohand controlled by the pushers is not moving, the chronograph is not running.

npthaiduong likes this.