Forums Latest Members
  1. rollingrevolver Jun 24, 2015

Hey everyone, I've been a lurker for some time now just learning and enjoying reading the posts on this fantastic site, and felt it was time to give something back and share my joy at having finally found the watch that I have been hunting for what seems like eons. I'd almost given up, thinking I'd never own one...but had to calm myself down and stay patient by remembering a line I'd read on this very forum from someone stating that we should stay patient in our hunt and that there were enough vintage speedies out there for everyone. I'm paraphrasing a little and I can't remember who said that but I'd like to thank that person because it kept me from pulling the trigger too hastily and making a poor decision I'd regret later.

After several years of focused searching for the perfect Ed White, the stars aligned slightly more than a week ago and I was extremely fortunate to have been given the opportunity to pick up my Grail watch from none other than the esteemed Anthony Marquié, one of the co-authors of the fantastic Moonwatch Only book. As he does not normally sell watches, you can imagine my amazing luck and privilege to have been able to receive my Grail watch from him. Needless to say, I have been pinching myself ever since.

Anyway we've had a nice glut of vintage speedy pictures on the forum lately, but I hope you won't mind just a few more from a guy who has been grinning at his wrist like an idiot for the past couple of days. My lovely wife says that I didn't even look this happy on the day I married her..:p

IMG_7776.JPG IMG_7800.JPG IMG_7805.JPG

Many thanks to Anthony once again for making this dream of mine finally come true! I'd also like to thank Omega Forums and the fantastic moderators, experts and contributors for making this site such a great one to visit.

Best regards,
    Sean

2. Fost Jun 24, 2015

Very Nice ! And a least one where nobody Will ask if serial number is in the good range :)

rollingrevolver likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 24, 2015

Nice piece, the other MWO author Greg is around a bit (@speedy4ever ), I wonder if this particular one actually made a cameo appearance in the book?

4. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Jun 24, 2015

Fantastic - the lume color is superb. Congrats

5. gophishin Jun 24, 2015

Congrats on your patience and ultimate success. That watch epitomizes what I would hope for in an 105.003, great character but very clean still.

6. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Jun 24, 2015

Beauty! Congrats on a nice find.

7. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jun 24, 2015

Now THAT is a straight lug pre-pro speedy! Beautiful!

Can you share more of the story? How you came to get this beauty?

8. E-diddy Jun 24, 2015

What a beauty. Way to buy the seller :)

9. lowen Moonwatch Only Author Jun 24, 2015

Hi everybody, I am Anthony ... the seller of this 105.003 ... This is an excellent opportunity for me to write here. I LOVE this forum, read it a lot, but I had never posted here before ... Not enough time ...

I would like to thank Sean for these kind words. Passion is everything. I have understood inmediately that Sean was REALLY looking for his grail, and that is why I started the story.

Unfortunately this watch has not been illustrated in our book, just because we couldn't have all our watches in it (we were limited to 500 pages). But it could have been because it is really nice. Amazing patina, all original (even the glass!!).

I am very happy with this story, sincerely.

Sean, I hope to meet you one day in Singapore. I used to go there quite often years ago. Very nice place ...

Cheers.

10. lillatroll Jun 24, 2015

I am not a fan of these speedmasters but if I saw one like that I don't think I could resist, that is a beautiful example. Congratulations on getting something you so obviously love, I hope every watch you buy from now on gives you that feeling.

11. Fost Jun 24, 2015

Welcome Anthony ;) hope everyyhing is fine for you (and hope to read you more here!!)

12. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jun 24, 2015

What a beauty. Glad you were able to pick this one up. 1st of many more I hope.

13. marturx Jun 24, 2015

Congrats to the both of you! The very best of deals, a very happy buyer, and a ditto seller!

Beautiful specimen too :thumbsup:

14. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jun 24, 2015

Some of the best patina I've seen on a 105.003. Amazing stuff!

15. speedy4ever Moonwatch Only Author Jun 24, 2015

Welcome Anthony my great friend!!

JohnSteed likes this.
  16. speedy4ever Moonwatch Only Author Jun 24, 2015

This is a very very nice 105.003

JohnSteed and rollingrevolver like this.
  17. Fost Jun 24, 2015

and i didn't see any of your new entry for a while now...nothing new? or nothing to share? we will enjoy to see some of your beauty here!

18. Eric_navi Jun 24, 2015

Congratulations on a gorgeous gorgeous watch.

19. Audley Yung Jun 24, 2015

beautiful patina on the hands!

20. michaelmc Jun 24, 2015

very nice EW. sweet watch. congrats