Forums Latest Members

Finally, a camera that doesn’t make phone calls

1. CJpickup57 Aug 9, 2019

I decided to buy a “real” camera for watch photography, family outings and traveling. After researching till my head would spin I settled on this Canon Rebel T7. It was a package deal that came with a bag and two lenses. Lenses being 18-55mm and 75-300mm. I will start looking for a macro lens once I get the hang of the normal stuff. I just picked it up this morning so I am learning the features and reading the manual throughout the workday during slow times. I’m looking forward to learning some tips and tricks from others in this sub-forum :thumbsup:.

85485E27-6579-44FA-85C8-DA5278344BEB.jpeg

2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Aug 9, 2019

You dont necessarily need a macro lense. I get fantastic results with my inexpensive Canon 500D close up lense that looks like a big filter and attaches to the end of my regular lenses (i.e every one of my previous sales listings pics were shot using this combo). It is for 77mm lenses though...worth a bit of research.

3. CJpickup57 Aug 9, 2019

I will look into that. Thank you for the info.

eugeneandresson likes this.
  4. vacheroyale Jan 28, 2020

you're better off getting a regular macro lens like the Canon MAcro ef 60mm f 2,8. it will outperform any other normal lens with add-on closeup lens gadgets. the sharpness will be even in the all image, and they don't cost much.
    good thing you bought a Canon and not Leica:)

CJpickup57 likes this.