Forums Latest Members

SOLD FINAL REDUCTION: Vintage SS Vulcain Cricket Alarm Watch w/ Original 4-Quadrant Guilloche Dial

1. tomvox1 Dec 9, 2014

VulcainCricket-3_edited-1.jpg
    Up for sale is this scarce late 1950s/early 60s Vulcain Cricket alarm watch with wonderful original contrasting 4-quadrant guilloche dial in uncommon 3-piece all-steel case. Famously given to US presidents since Harry Truman's days this striking all-original vintage stainless steel Cricket is in overall Very Good+ to Excellent seemingly unpolished condition with original dial & hands. It has also just been fully serviced by my watchmaker with all functions working as they should, including a nice loud, long & accurate alarm. It will come with a 6-month movement guarantee for all normal non-abusive use.

The asking price for this classic and fully serviced vintage Vulcain Cricket is now REDUCED for a final time to a super low $775 USD OBRO including fully insured FedEx shipping worldwide. Bank Wire preferred but Paypal is OK with +2% to the buyer. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Other payment options upon application. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

VulcainCricket-4_edited-1.jpg VulcainCricket-1_edited-1.jpg VulcainCricket-6_edited-1.jpg VulcainCricket-2_edited-1.jpg VulcainCricket-8_edited-1.jpg VulcainCricket-bk_edited-1.jpg VulcainCricket-crwn_edited-1.jpg VulcainCricket-sd_edited-1.jpg VulcainCricket-5_edited-1.jpg VulcainCricket-wrst_edited-1.jpg
    CASE & BACK: Classically proportioned dress watch size 34mm wide (not including crown) x 43mm long 3-piece all stainless steel case with broad angled lugs. Case shows no apparent polish and has sharp edges, factory satin sides and undistorted lug holes. The bezel is likewise very sharp. Obviously, I did not have my watchmaker polish it at service. There are some small marks from wear and some gapping from where the back and bezel have been removed through the years on the non-crown side but no major dings -- Very Good+ unpolished vintage condition. The external back also shows some small marks but is stamped for steel and with its serial number and the apertures for the resonance of the alarm are undamaged, Excellent externally.

DIAL & HANDS: The dial is really the undisputed star on this watch: an amazing contrasting four-quadrant linen pattern undoubtedly produced by the Guilloche method. The silver-white of the dial is still nice and bright with only very faint signs of age and a few small spots -- Excellent original condition. The handsome applied pyramid and bar markers are also quite bright and the original luminous dots are present although some have deteriorated. All factory original black printing for the dial text and minute ticks is crisp and legible. This Cricket also features its original hour, minute, alarm pointer and sweep seconds hands in matching Excellent condition with just a little bit of loss to the skinny lume of the minute hand. Just a super cool and classy retro layout on this lovely Cricket!

CROWN & PUSHER: Correct original unsigned winding crown and original pusher at "2" for controlling the alarm function. The crown operates in its bi-directional fashion as described below and sets the time and alarm as it should. The pusher also performs its functions as designed. They only show cosmetic wear and so are Excellent+.

CRYSTAL: Domed acrylic crystal could well be original and has been freshly buffed at service and so has only minor marks from wear along its edges/sides, easily Excellent.

MOVEMENT: Legendary Vulcain in-house Caliber 120 alarm movement with sweep seconds, 17-jewels and two independent barrels for the alarm and the time. A somewhat complex movement to figure out at first, you wind the time by winding counterclockwise and the alarm clockwise. Additionally, one sets the time by pulling the crown out all the way where you can only rotate the hands in the forward direction. To set the alarm one depresses the pusher all the way and the crown will pop up for setting of the alarm arrow hand (again in one direction only, backwards). Once the crown is pushed all the way back down the alarm is now set assuming you have wound it up. To disable the alarm depress the pusher halfway and the crown will pop up to an inactive, freely rotating middle position. Normally I would take photographs of the movement but this cases are very tightly sealed and I don't wish to damage the watch. However all is guaranteed genuine under the hood and as stated above, this classic and complicated alarm movement has just been fully serviced by my watchmaker and will come with a 6-month guarantee for all normal, non-abusive use.

STRAP: This great Cricket comes on a very nicely matching single-keeper period black leather strap with reptile-grain pattern and chromed buckle in Very Good+ used condition and plenty of life left. This watch has a lug width of 18mm.

As a matter of policy, I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form.

This great vintage Vulcain Cricket is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund (less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer). This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
    T.
    [email protected]

Edited Jan 3, 2015
    patrick1616 likes this.
  2. tomvox1 Dec 20, 2014

Now even further REDUCED for the Holidays to just $895 USD OBRO!
    Best,
    T.

3. tomvox1 Dec 27, 2014

This cool Cricket is still available and now being BLOWN OUT for just $825 USD OBRO!
    Best,
    T.

4. tomvox1 Jan 4, 2015

Now on FINAL REDUCTION for just $775 USD OBRO!
    Best,
    T.