Forums Latest Members

Ferruccio Marchetti - Italian audacious watch CROOK

1. reficul_x Sep 10, 2017

I am not going to waste too much time writing this, but I am going to post this on leading watch forums to potentially warn another victim that may fall prey again to this audacious crook.
    If you have more information about this crook, other than the information below, please write to me at reficul_x AT yahoo.com
    I am not going to make his life easy.
    This guy, unlike many crooks, has a rather convincing and unique modus operandi:
    1) He do have the watches on hand to con his victims, hence he is able to prove the watch ownership with tag photos, etc
    2) He has a few successful transactions, hence, he was able to give a good trade reference
    3) In some of the successful trade cases, he even provided his passport as a proof of ID, but the stupid thing is, he probably underestimate the power of our watch community
    4) He garners enough followers and post "unsuspecting" watches to sell on IG (not those high value watches, but range from Euros 100-5000)
    5) I believe he has been using many different accounts and personas, and he has multiple bank accounts worldwide (some even private banks, which is astonishing that for a crook, he probably made enough to make himself a multimillionaire?)
    Here is the long & short of my experience, which, may be familiar to some fellow victims, (I am probably the 6th or 7th in his latest crime spree):
    1) Saw a SM300 on his IG being advertised. (Euros 3900)
    2) Sent him a DM, but was told that it was sold. (very smooth, that was how I was led to believe he has the watch and every intention to sell it)
    3) Hours later, he DM me stating watch is available again as the "buyer" gave him a low ball offer. (Euros 3500)
    4) Convinced me to buy another Longines solid gold nonius and agree to bundle them at an additional of Euros 1900
    5) Gave me 4 trade references and I checked all 4, all 4 were good
    6) I deliberately asked for straps if they are included, to which he said the SM300 head only, and he showed me photos of the NOS longines strap on the gold nonius. (this is really smooth as usually for crooks, to expedite everything, they will tell you whatever you want, they will give you, like straps, etc)
    7) Wired him the funds on Thursday and he said he will ship the following Monday.

8) On Saturday, I wanted to see the photos of the watch again on IG. Realised that he closed his IG Account
    9) Realised something is amissed... later, my good buddy, Kevin posted his experience with this crook (slightly different modus operandi)
    10) I obtained his private mobile phone number and I whatsapp'ed him, to which he blocked me. I texted him and he asked me to relax as he was on vacation. He even asked me to send me my bank account number where he can wire me now and when I received the watch, I pay him again
    11) I send my bank details, and he replied with a stupid screenshot of his online banking, from Australia (details below) that EUROS 5800 is sent... and immediately I saw that the account balance was only a freaking AUD 56.54.
    12) Emailed him and told him that I will be reporting him to the police and take actions if he doesn't come clean... In turn, he say he will "denounce" me and will seek his lawyer to take actions against me.
    13) More and more friends started to share information about him with his details, which even includes his passport, his personal ID in Italy, tax ID, residence address, etc. He said he is going to the police to report me as I threatened him (I merely said I will be going to pay 2 Italians some money to hunt for him).
    14) Parcel came and as expected, I know its going to be an empty box... the weight is blantantly totally empty. I took it to the police station to report this and opened it in front of a video camera so that he cannot dispute this saying that I pocket the watch. The seals were all intact as shown in the video below:

15) Police report lodged and they will be sending this information to the Interpol.
    16) Ferruccio started to ignore my SMS'es and in turn he asked his lawyer, Antonnio (+39 3333816733, [email protected]) to communicate with me
    17) In essence, he asked me to send him details when I received the parcel, but after a few rounds of emails, nothing substantial came up. He only asked me not to threaten his client
    18) Likely I will be taking next step of actions.... and this will not be the end of this story.

Here is the crook's information:
    First Name: Ferruccio
    Last Name: Marchetti
    DOB: 23 November 1978
    Italian ID: AR6055706
    Fiscal ID: MRCFRC78S23H501R
    Official residence: Via Bertolini 49, Rome
    Current residence: Via Dei Pescatori20, Ortello
    Phone number: +39 3338246598
    Images of his passport and his threatening of police report against me as follows:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the police report that I have made:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This Ferruccio crook is probably not going to be the last of his kind to pose a danger to our community. Stay safe and, Ferruccio Marchetti, if you are reading this... return my money, and case close for me. IF not... I will be presenting these with the police report to the immigration and customs, starting with Singapore, China, Hong Kong.... and this is going to be just my 1 next step of action.

IDXM, Patrick Dixon, albertob and 9 others like this.
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 10, 2017

sorry you got taken like this. Thanks for warning everyone. I hope you are able to get your money back.

tyrantlizardrex and Syrte like this.
  3. davidswiss Sep 10, 2017

That's rough. I think I saw warnings about Ferrucio on chronocentric.

ATWG likes this.
  4. Watchmutt Sep 10, 2017

I hope it works out ok for you.

5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Sep 10, 2017

That sucks.

Maybe a post in the buyer / seller reviews section that links back here would also help.

6. No.15 Sep 10, 2017

To echo the others, that totally sucks. I hope you get resolution.

7. Nathan1967 Sep 10, 2017

What an unbelievable shit! I hope that he tries to pull this trick on someone closer to home and they sort him out good and proper. Little weasel.

So sorry to hear that it happened to you but thanks for sharing!

All the best

Nathan

Euxinus likes this.
  8. ConElPueblo Sep 10, 2017

While I do love a good witch hunt, I believe you should be careful in sharing sensitive information like his passport number and such. It might come back and bite you in the ass.

I wish the best for you!

albertob and Foo2rama like this.
  9. mr_yossarian Sep 10, 2017

I have a rougher attitude towards this: It's the least to corner those useless fkrs.

davidswiss likes this.
  10. mebest Sep 10, 2017

I would post on a public medium account to make sure it's seo'd. So it will show up when someone google his name. Be a public service to make sure no one get scammed again.

Nathan1967 and nixf6 like this.
  11. MaiLollo Sep 10, 2017

I'm ashamed to see that a piece of crap like him comes from my country. We get a bad rep because of a handful of people like him, while the italian market is one of the biggest and most passionate in the world.

Sorry for you, I think anyone would have fallen for it: let's hope you get your money back.

George.A, Syrte, albertob and 9 others like this.
  12. sdre Sep 10, 2017

Take care brother. I see you are SG too. Maybe use PayPal next time? Usually if sellers refuse to take PayPal, I won't buy it then.

Nathan1967 and Euxinus like this.
  13. harrymai86 Sep 10, 2017

That sucks i got scammed before for only 80usd, and the feeling got me hard :(

14. ping pong patina Sep 10, 2017

sorry to hear that Jack hope you get your $$ back.... thanks for letting the watch community know about this

15. Skrotis Sep 11, 2017

Don't know anything about Italian passports,in Sweden (EU)a passport that has a broken back as this is regarded as a possible fake and not valid as a legitimation anymore.
    Hope everything works out.

16. Maganator Sep 11, 2017

There seems to be an IG account called rare_vintage_watches which, on the face of it, looks like a totally legit account. I have no reason to suspect otherwise (it is followed by the Davidoff Brothers, for example). I wonder if the scammer referred to in the OP purposely made his name similar (rare_vintage_watch) to that of the legit account to try and fool others? Very sneaky if so.

Anyway, sorry to hear about this OP. Scammers (watches or otherwise) are the sum of the earth.

DB1983 likes this.
  17. keywerd Sep 11, 2017

Care to share what you mean by 'broken back'?

18. Skrotis Sep 11, 2017

My english is not the best,by back i mean the area wear al the papers pressed together and this passport is open in to the papers.

The EU passports are suposed to be laminated al the way to make it more difficult to temper whit and if broken not valid.

19. atc100 Sep 11, 2017

Sorry to hear that, I hope you will get your money or watch.[emoji20]

20. bristnj Sep 11, 2017

This guy is a piece of ::censored:: garbage Jack. Keep the pressure on him and I hope all works out for you in the end!

blubarb likes this.