Forums Latest Members
  1. Dicko Mar 5, 2015

Hello

I've been chasing either a vintage Seamaster or Constellation for about 12 months now. I regularly the watch marketplace, but haven't had any luck yet.

I came across this vintage Omega Seamaster De Ville on eBay last night http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OMEGA-SE...782?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f480067d6Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I'm hoping somebody will be kind enough to provide feedback on whether this is watch is both original and good value.

Please forgive me for cluttering the forum with a thread about an eBay watch. I did check the 'Recommended Watches on eBay' sticky before posting.

Cheers, Dicko

2. ulackfocus Mar 5, 2015

It looks correct, but it's worth half of the asking price or less. The case is polished a little too much, and it appears to have a replacement rotor.

3. Dicko Mar 6, 2015

Thank you for the feedback ulackfocus.

To help me learn, are you able to say what indicates a replaced rotor to you? I note the colour difference between the rotor and the plate. Is that it?

4. TexOmega Mar 6, 2015

yes, that's it.....but it could be the lighting, too. But even perfect, way to high.

5. Dicko Mar 8, 2015

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 8, 2015

Good choice! There's a few seamasters and constellations on the sales forum right now that will be better generally than ebay.

Dicko likes this.