Forums Latest Members

FedEx International package lost, Parcel Pro claim

1. demollo Oct 2, 2017

As luck would have it FedEx lost an International Priority package I sent with high-end Rolex inside...Everyone is over the moon with their service and it was only my 8th package with them...They were trying to locate the package over the past week with no results. Parcel Pro is aware of a problem.

Has anyone gone through the process of a Parcel Pro claim? Any advice?

2. WatchVaultNYC Oct 2, 2017

Yes. No advice needed. They will refund you.

Moral lesson - Loss happens, insure your packages

Kmart, cande, repoman and 4 others like this.
  3. Ssunnylee24 Oct 2, 2017

Hope all goes well.

demollo likes this.
  4. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 2, 2017

Its a good thing you went with Parcel Pro...Fedex has an exemption for Jewelry and Watches.
    You are in good hands.

5. blubarb Oct 3, 2017

From what I hear about PPro you will be fine. Still, would be good to be kept up to date about the claim process and how you get on. Do you have to wait for a certain period of time before being able to submit a claim?

WhatYourWatchSay and demollo like this.
  6. WatchVaultNYC Oct 3, 2017

I started a thread a while back about a Railmaster that went missing in route. IIRC I got refunded in 2 weeks with zero hassle, which is pretty good.

blubarb and demollo like this.
  7. kkt Oct 3, 2017

It may still turn up, too. If it got in the wrong container and went to the wrong country it might take a while to get sorted out.

8. demollo Oct 3, 2017

I made a claim a week after the package went MIA. I got the info from Parcel Pro that it might take up to 4 weeks. So far they are really helpful and responsive.

Mind sharing a link to that thread ?

Maybe, but to be honest i am sceptical. If it was shipped with EMS i would not worry of some delays and no updates on tracking but not FedEx International Priority

9. gdupree Oct 3, 2017

I don't ship my watches often, but I didn't know about Parcel Pro, or Fedex's exemption for jewelry. Note to self...

Very glad that people think you'll be covered here. Definitely keep us updated on the result and how things get handled

10. WatchVaultNYC Oct 3, 2017

demollo likes this.
  11. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 3, 2017

I had a watch stolen in transit around Christmas last year ($XX,XXX just to put it in perspective) and it wasn't insured because in my mind, nothing ever happened and it was silly (and complicated) to pay the high value insurance amounts through carriers. Really wish I'd known about Parcel Pro prior to that. Signed up for an account the next day and it's fantastic. You're in good hands.

kov and demollo like this.
  12. demollo Oct 3, 2017

I am sorry to hear that. I was shipping similar figure Rolex. I do hope it goes well. I am a bit worried obviously but who wouldn't be.

13. panaitchrono Oct 8, 2017

I don't believe in 'package lost'..my opinion is that was stolen from one of the employers..and they conduct an internal investigation. Please update us on how will be solved.

14. jakeh417 Oct 11, 2017

I just looked up Parcel Pro, is the service only for businesses or anyone can use it?

15. abrod520 Oct 11, 2017

Anyone can use it, call their customer service telephone number and explain your situation

16. demollo Oct 11, 2017

FedEx found my package and its content :) Now I am waiting for them to ship it back to me. Taking a week so far... Parcel Pro told me it might take a while. Procedures... I wonder if the package was miraculously found due to Parcel Pro intervention. I will never know probably.

ANALOGUE, tikkathree, asrnj77 and 7 others like this.
  17. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 11, 2017

packages do get lost...Ive had a similar thing happen with an uninsured package. Just mysteriously found.

18. abrod520 Oct 11, 2017

Yep, I once had a cheap eBay purchase take 6 months from USPS.com saying "Delivered" to actually in my hands

STANDY likes this.
  19. Damo Oct 11, 2017

Good news, at least it was 'found' :)

20. sgrossma Oct 11, 2017

Happy to hear it was found.
    I've had watches delivered to the wrong address (this is even with adult signature required) several times before, but have been fortunate enough so far for them all to have turned up / been returned.
    The amazing part is that Fedex didn't collect a signature one time. The receipt just had a big circle.
    ParcelPro was very responsive in all situations.