Forums Latest Members

Favorite Vintage Omega Acquisition Of The Year And Primary Target For Next Year?

1. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 24, 2012

Looking forward to your responses.

2. ulackfocus Dec 24, 2012

Of all that have come (and gone) this year, I'd have to say this is my favorite addition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It appealled to many of my weaknesses: it's thin, it has a guilloché dial, it's a Constellation, and it's blue. ::love:: It also took me nearly a year and a half of prodding, begging, pleading, conniving and cajoling to pry it from Steve's grasp. :D I'm trying to build THE ultra-thin collection, and this was the perfect Omega automatic representative.

As far as what I'd like to add, a Centenary 2500 or a new blue dial 38.5 mm Aqua Terra would be ideal.

Dablitzer likes this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 24, 2012

No fair Mike, you have to start off if you create one of these.:rolleyes:
    flag.jpg

gatorcpa likes this.
  4. ulackfocus Dec 24, 2012

Oh, you're just grumpy because the first pictures in the thread are of a watch you surrendered. ::bleh::

5. NiklasARvid Dec 24, 2012

This 105.003-65

[​IMG]

Next year? Well lets see what cathches my eye, no idea

SeanO likes this.
  6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 24, 2012

Damn, I feel like Santa Claus
    waving santa.gif

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 24, 2012

Not at all they say my small heart grew three sizes that day. :D

8. ulackfocus Dec 24, 2012

:p Excellent use of a line from The Grinch That Stole Christmas - which happens to be one of Windy & my favorite Christmas cartoons. She often sings the song the Who villagers sang on Christmas morning (despite the Grinch's efforts), and I sing "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch" starting around Thanksgiving.

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 24, 2012

I just acquired a Deville with similar 711 movement. What surprise me, while it looks thin, it is not really thin. I would say the thickness is similar to the normal 50-60 Constellation. It just the case shape is like a cone, so it's thin at the edge but thick at the center. :confused:

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 24, 2012

My hope for this year is that a full brick bracelet Omega Constellation Grand Luxe with a stepped pie-pan dial in rose gold will be on the cards. A solid gold Seamaster Ultima would also be a top option. Aside from that, possibly a straight lug Speedmaster, but really I'll be keeping my eye open for good value uncommon-rare pieces, and anything in the very rare category of course.

I'm keeping a decent amount of funds available for purchases as they pop up, probably the best lesson of this year was changing the way I look at pieces from "Should I buy this watch?" to "Is the watch a good value buy?" which is largely something picked up from Mike.

My favorite is not hard to pick, recently a pair of vintage Omega dealers were staring at this watch in their shop saying "I figured this is the type of watch you see in a book, but never in real life". Even aside from that, the arrowheads and stepping give it a rather dramatic impact even with people that aren't watch collectors.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] DSCF1553_DxO_new.jpg

ch-made, MKelley and SeanO like this.
  11. ulackfocus Dec 24, 2012

Yep, seen a few of them too. Like them and even the date at 6 101x models, but as you point out the dimension isn't as shallow as it could be. That's why I liked the flat backed Constellations.

12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 24, 2012

If you guys think that I'm going to give you a tip-off to what I am targeting and l place myself at the fricken mercy of folks around here you're as wacky as the guys on WUS.:eek:

MKelley and SpikiSpikester like this.
  13. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 24, 2012

My favorite Omega acquisition for this year (and a pretty good buy), was this cal. 321 (ref. 145.006/66)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have no idea what next year will bring...

14. Rdl81 Dec 24, 2012

I picked up my first vintage Omega this year a TA 53. I am hopeing to get an early Pie Pan constalation in the new year if I can find a good one and mabe a SM300 Royal Navy.

15. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Dec 24, 2012

It's hard to pick one but it will be this.
    [​IMG]

2 targets for next year:
    _T2eC16RHJIIE9qTYKDe1BQ00fhc3QQ_60_35.jpeg
    downloadfile-8.jpeg
    (Pic borrowed from Steve.)
    And If I can find them, I hope they will be in great condition..

But I have to say, my favourite vintage acquisition this year is not an Omega but this one.
    [​IMG]

MKelley likes this.
  16. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 24, 2012

Favorite Omega would be my inaugural purchase after joining the forum, well-advised by the Collective
    [​IMG]

Being a chronograph guy, I think I need a straight lug Speedmaster to represent the breed in my collection classic chronographs

MKelley likes this.
  17. ulackfocus Dec 24, 2012

Mega-:thumbsup: on that one.

18. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 24, 2012

Not sure that I have a favourite acquisition...

Primary target for next year is a new JLC Master Moon. And if I happen to come across a good looking Dynamic cal 552 or straight lug Ed White Speedmaster then I might have to raid the piggy bank - especially if half the forum is going to be chasing down the Speedy ::jumpy::

19. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 24, 2012

354 on a sliding clasp BOR.

IMG_2054.JPG

20. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Dec 24, 2012

Best ? well I got it at a good price and it's already worth a lot more than I paid ( that part is for Mrs. A ) I can wear it no matter what I am up to without worrying about damage.
    Like myself slightly rough and ready :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    Next year is bit unknown, still moving over from pocket watches, so if I can keep selling and banking just maybe a good fund will be available for something special.