Forums Latest Members

Favorite strap or bracelet for your Speedy?

1. E MAN Mar 26, 2016

So I bought a Speedy in I guess early February and apart from the OEM bracelet, I've bought a nice strap from Bas & Lokes and a couple of Nylon straps from GasGasBones. I also have the nato strap that came with it, but my favorite strap after wearing this for a month and half is without question the black rally strap with deployment clasp that I picked up for it. What strap do you like best with your Speedy? DSC_0221.jpg

2. sky21 Mar 26, 2016

I'm a bracelet guy for sure but that rally strap looks really sharp. Where did you get it from?

3. alam Mar 26, 2016

On most of my watches I prefer leather, leather and leather when the first two options are not available. :D

btw, the Omega Rally w clasp is also a favorite configuration on my Speedy! :thumbsup:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Buckeyes#1, GregH, Tritium and 3 others like this.
  4. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Mar 26, 2016

Favorite strap or bracelet for Speedy? Still going with the Omega replica NASA strap that came with my Speedy presentation box set. It's the most comfortable strap that I own [following break-in] and is often a fantabulous conversation piece among various bystanders who see it. :thumbsup:

File pics...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

5. alam Mar 26, 2016

@Mad Dog is the NASA strap available for a 7.25" wrist-size besides the 32" waist-size version? :p

Manny1979, nixf6, Andreas and 2 others like this.
  6. nima0071 Mar 26, 2016

hansmaulwurf, Mad Dog and sky21 like this.
  7. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 26, 2016

Good choice, I wouldn't consider any leather/rubber strap that didn't have a curved end. I'm honestly surprised we don't see too many of that rally model show up for sale--you'd think that it would be a huge seller.

8. abrod520 Mar 26, 2016

Well if we're talking vintage Speedmasters, the best way to go is the stretch-link bracelet! :D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

pianomankd, x3no, sky21 and 3 others like this.
  9. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 26, 2016

I'm envious of people who can get bracelets to fit just right. Mine's always sliding around when dry--the alternative is too tight. No problems with leather and rubber straps though.

10. Maximus84 Mar 27, 2016

I do like that Rally strap, although I've heard the curved ends effectively extend the lengths of the lugs and as such aren't a good for small wrists (like mine). I bought mine on the bracelet, switched to the OEM NATO while on deployment, and it's now on a Hirsch Terra Tuscan in gold brown, and developing a nice patina.
    image.jpg image.jpeg image.jpg

x3no and sky21 like this.
  11. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Mar 27, 2016

I currently have my Speedy on a Rover Haven shell cordovan nato strap, which I think is absolutely awesome and my choice right now. I also wear it on an admiralty grey nato strap and on the Omega shark mesh, which looks badass. If I wear it with a shirt it is usually on a shell cordovan two piece strap from Jankoxxx, who sells on this forum. It also looks great and is very very comfortable.

I haven't worn it on its original bracelet in some time but will probably put it back on coming summer. Some photos:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

hansmaulwurf, x3no and sky21 like this.
  12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 27, 2016

Haven't had this one on for a while and I don't know why as it is rather comfortable...
    image.jpeg

sky21 likes this.
  13. abrod520 Mar 27, 2016

The stretch-link clasps have 8 micro-adjustment positions, accounting for about an inch - it just takes a bit of experimentation to get right :)

I've got mine set to where over the course of a day, it can go from tight to just a bit loose - it's a really comfortable bracelet!

sky21 likes this.
  14. Velorum Mar 28, 2016

Im a big fan of Di Modell - lovely soft leather right from new

[​IMG]

The Hirsch Duke also looks and feels good to me

[​IMG]

Perlon is probably my favourite non bracelet option. Its incredibly comfortable, micro adjustable and durable

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Frunkinator likes this.
  15. SpicyWatch Mar 28, 2016

not my picture, but I really like the speedy on a kevlar strap!

[​IMG]

SilverRain likes this.
  16. Jminchoi Mar 28, 2016

Very nice rally straps did you get it at the dealer or find one secondhand?

17. Velorum Mar 28, 2016

Thought that I would add a few shots of my 186.0004 on a Eulit perlon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ulackfocus Mar 28, 2016

My favorite Speedmaster on my favorite strap for it:

[​IMG]

abrod520 likes this.
  19. alam Mar 28, 2016

I thought you favored wearing your Speedmaster on your right wrist? :cool:

20. Dannyomega Mar 28, 2016

love that ,