Forums Latest Members

Fastest shipping EVER! (Eterna content part deux)

1. ulackfocus Jun 26, 2013

Guess what I'll be wearing tomorrow? Yeah, I know - I sorta gave it away in the title. Took a few q & d shots of the Centenaire.....

[​IMG]

Nice & subtle linen finish, huh? The dial looks really good under a pretty scratched up crystal:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

However, it is an original - you can see the 5 ball bearing logo here:

[​IMG]

Logo crown too:

[​IMG]

And the engraving on the back is MUCH deeper than I expected from the seller's pics:

[​IMG]

Lugs are very crisp too. No movement shot because I don't want to hack up the side of the case. Putting on a temporary black strap to wear it tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Hattrick and Tony C. like this.
  2. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Jun 26, 2013

D**n it. I thought I told myself not to open any Eterna content threads.::beer:: :thumbsup:

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jun 26, 2013

Really nice!

4. ulackfocus Jun 26, 2013

Thanks guys. It'll be serviced after a day or two of wearing. After that, the JLC 2285 and Longines Admiral will be sharing wrist time with it.

For those not familiar with the Centenaire or Eterna, it marked the 100 year anniversary of Eterna when the model was released in 1956. It was so popular they offered it for a number of years. This one isn't a chronometer like Omega's Centenary, but to put it in vintage Omega terms this would be a direct competitor with the nice quality automatic Genèves of the late 50's with the 49x, 50x, and lastly the 55x/56x calibers.