Forums Latest Members

FS Fantastic Leather Watch Rolls: a value proposition within

1. timeismoney Oct 8, 2015

Dear Respectable Forum members,

As some of you may have known, I have started a line of watch rolls. The venture started in the most cliche way possible: having difficulty finding a quality desktop display for my watches, I started designing my own and investigated ways to put it in production. During that time, I also designed and made a watch roll to take on trips and gtgs which generated some interests. Several prototypes later, the M1 was born with the same principles that drove the original design: Portability, Durability, Usability.

CurioSupplyCompany_watchroll_brown.jpg

CurioSupplyCompany_brownOF.jpg
    The roll comes in two types of leather: The black is a top grain leather and is buttery soft right off the bat. They are $220 each (introductory price of $200 now). The brown is made of full grain leather and will require a bit of breaking in, think of it like a pair of raw denim that will age distinctly your own. They are $240 each (with introductory price of $220 now). Both have a maximum capacity of 3 watches (44mm wide for the black and 42mm for the brown version) or a combo of two watches and extra straps etc.

CurioSupplyCompany_detail_2.jpg
    CurioSupplyCompany_watchroll_details.jpg
    All Italian leather are saddle stitched to ensure maximum robustness.

CurioSupplyCompany_detail_1.jpg

CurioSupplyCompany_bwn_detail.jpg
    Strategically deployed rivets act as reinforced dividers.
    CurioSupplyCompany_flat_2a.jpg

CurioSupplyCompany_flat_black2.jpg
    Last but not least, each roll is equipped with its own NATO strap, they are removable from the watch roll and can be used as an extra strap on your vacation! There are various colors for your selection on the site, though each colors have limited supplied so grab them before your color is gone! Perfect for utilizing all those NATO straps you got and customizing your look.

CurioSupplyCompany_watchroll_compare_1.jpg
    A rolled up comparison of the two rolls with the same watches as shown on the top pic. If you are on this forum, you probably can identify what those watches are with your eagle eyes ;) (Ginger Ale and watches sold separately)

If you are still reading this, I am very grateful! It took more than 10 years to“de-Beige” the computer case, hopefully I can disrupt the watch accessory world in less than that time with your help. At this time, I am still working on the display case and will keep you all posted. My goal is to provide thoughtful watch related products that are worthy of its content, even if you guys end up not making any purchases I would be really grateful if you can help spread the word. There are more detail specs of the watch rolls on the website at www.curiosupplycompany.com Please note that there is currently a special introductory sale going on and I strongly recommend checking them out as the sale ends at the end of the month. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Finally, I would like to thank the forum for this facility.

Cheers,

Alex

dave555, Huus, Mad Dog and 20 others like this.
  2. JohnSteed Oct 8, 2015

One in the wild

Excellent packaging.....

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lights. Camera. Roll

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's a fantastic addition. Very nice

Well done @timeismoney !!!

:thumbsup:

image.jpeg
    Mad Dog, dougiedude, Tritium and 3 others like this.
  3. timeismoney Oct 8, 2015

JohnSteed likes this.
  4. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Oct 11, 2015

With out doubt the nicest watch rolls I have seen. Simple and elegant. I don't need one at all but seriously considering it. Can't wait to see the watch boxes, because I need one of those but haven't been able to find one that I like a lot. Best of luck with the business

timeismoney likes this.
  5. woodwkr2 Oct 11, 2015

Cheers, Alex! The latest iteration looks fantastic.

We're long overdue for a phone call, btw. Give me a shout sometime and we can find a good time.

timeismoney likes this.
  6. Traveler Oct 11, 2015

Nice idea with the NATO! Well done, and all the best with this...

timeismoney likes this.
  7. timeismoney Oct 11, 2015

8. timeismoney Oct 11, 2015

Thank you @Traveler! Hey, did I mention it is perfect for a traveler? ::rimshot::

Mad Dog, JohnSteed and dougiedude like this.
  9. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Oct 11, 2015

Howdy, Alex,

Beautiful rolls you have there! Got any with honey cinnamon?;) :D

I'm good already with travel rolls, but I will anxiously await the box :)!

Doug

timeismoney likes this.
  10. JohnSteed Oct 14, 2015

These are likely great gift options

timeismoney likes this.
  11. timeismoney Oct 28, 2015

12. timeismoney Nov 9, 2015

Bump. The black leather with brown stitching and the brown leather with white stitching are sold out. Get them while they are still available.

JohnSteed likes this.
  13. tmw57 Nov 23, 2015

Beautiful stuff!

When will you have brown leather back in stock?

14. timeismoney Nov 23, 2015

@tmw57 Not for a while but I am working on some new colors hopefully will be up in a week or so!

JohnSteed likes this.
  15. tmw57 Nov 23, 2015

Looking forward to them..

16. timeismoney Nov 30, 2015

Dear All,

Our Cyber Monday Sale is now on. Here's a look at the new Gray and the Loden Green rolls.
    CurioSupplyM1_Gray_roll.jpg CurioSupplyM1_Gray_roll_blueNATO.jpg CurioSupply_Loden-ivory_roll.jpg CurioSupply_Loden-black_roll.jpg CurioSupply_Loden-brown_roll.jpg
    All watch rolls are $175 each. Thanks for looking and Happy Monday!

17. timeismoney Dec 10, 2015

Hanukkah bump!

18. timeismoney Dec 28, 2015

bump

19. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 28, 2015

Very nice work Alex. At GTG I attend most seem interested in rolls that hold 6-8 watches. Do you have plans for further products?

20. timeismoney Dec 28, 2015

@cicindela Thanks, Steve. And thank you for the tips! Some of the other feedback that I have received is that the slots should also accommodate 47mm diameter watches. I am currently working on a desktop display case prototype at the moment and a larger carrier is certainly in the future. On a related note, what are some of the qualities that you (or anyone for that matter) look for in the desktop display watch case?

I know we are not too keen on surveys here and kept the survey over at TimeZone, here is the link if anyone wants to comment over there: http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=7159334&rid=24091#msg_7159334

or feel free to PM me. Thanks!