Family inherited vintage Omega

Hello fellow watch enthusiasts!
I need your help about a watch that’s been in my family for generations.
(all the informations about it I found researching online, the story of it was lost in the family, no one was aware that this watch is an Omega)
The first owner of it was my great grandfather, who served in WW2 as an army medic in the mountain troops of the Romanian Royal Army)
I need your help to found more informations about the watch and also I want to know how can I restore it to his former glory. (As you can see, the biggest problem is the crack on the glass, also the dial is not in a great shape, the omega logo is missing entirely)
IMG_4064.jpeg

IMG_4066.jpeg
IMG_4065.jpeg
IMG_4070.jpegIMG_4067.jpegIMG_4164.jpeg
And here is a photo of my great grandfather wearing the watch.
I also have to mention that the watch is in working condition, it keeps time pretty well.

Welcome, great heirloom

The crystal will be the easy part. Easily replaced.

Happy to see you have the crown.

Probably never had a metal attached Logo....it appears the dial was harshly cleaned and or repainted and the original Omega name and printed logo was lost.

Probably a bit older than WWII era.

If you post a general location, members can point you towards a few watchmakers who can diagnose and service.
Edited:

Nice watch and an awesome story , was made in 1934\5 .
A new crystal and a nice strap ( service if needed ).
Personally I would leave the dial as is but you could try to find a place to restore it ( but be prepared to the chance of being disappointed of their work ).

Welcome, great heirloom

The crystal will be the easy part. Easily replaced.

Happy to see you have the crown.

Probably never had a metal attached Logo....it appears the dial was harshly cleaned and or repainted and the original Omega name and printed logo was lost.

Probably a bit older than WWII era.

If you post a general location, members can point you towards a few watchmakers who can diagnose and service.
Thank you!!
I am from Romania, near Bucharest, but I can go anywhere in the country if necessary.

Nice watch and an awesome story , was made in 1934\5 .
A new crystal and a nice strap ( service if needed ).
Personally I would leave the dial as is but you could try to find a place to restore it ( but be prepared to the chance of being disappointed of their work ).
Thank you very much!
You are right, I don’t want to ruin the dial, just to clean it a bit, I think it will be enough.

Great watch and history 💐
I would probably leave the dial alone, so to not risk it being damaged

It’s really so cool to have a picture of your great grandfather wearing this watch. Take nice care of it, it’s special!!