Forums Latest Members

Family heirloom trying to find out what model and what it's worth.

1. Dquigley Aug 22, 2016

hello. I just registered and this is my first post.
    I will post pictures of what was passed down to us, hopefully someone can help us figure out what we have and put a dollar amount on it. Thanks in advance. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 22, 2016

Late 1960's to 1970's intergrated bracelet model. Cased in US with a Swiss Omega movement (ladies cal. 625).

The question I have is whether the case/bracelet combo is solid gold or not. If it is gold, there should be a hallmark on the outside of the case somewhere. I don't see one on the inside caseback where they are usually found.

The value in the piece is in the gold weight, plus $50 to $100 for the movement. If it turns out not to be solid gold, then it is a nice heirloom, but not particularly valuable as a collectible.

Who knows, this style might become popular again one day.
    gatorcpa

3. Dquigley Aug 22, 2016

Thank you so much for responding. When you say a hallmark what does that mean? I really have no knowledge of watches. Thank you for the information

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 22, 2016

A Hallmark would be a stamp indicating the Gold quality or provenance. These are hallmarks : ( not on watches)

image.png image.png image.png
  5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 22, 2016

For US cases, it's a lot simpler.

It should say "14K Gold" somewhere on the piece. Like this:

[​IMG]
    gatorcpa

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 22, 2016

As the Ross case is made in the USA it may only have a "14K" "18K" mark or similar if solid gold. If it's rolled gold or gold capped it will say 14K Gold Filled.

7. Dquigley Aug 23, 2016

Ok let me check it out.

8. Dquigley Aug 23, 2016

image.jpeg image.jpeg Ok so I found a 14k stamp on the band and a separate 14k stamp on the case. It's hard to see in the pictures. Does this mean it's solid gold?

9. Canuck Aug 23, 2016

It would appear to be solid 14-karat gold. But I really wish you could provide better pictures of the quality marks, particularly the one on the case.

10. Dquigley Aug 23, 2016

I'll have to take pictures with a real camera for better quality. All the above pictures were taken with my phone. As soon as I get better resolution images I'll post them. Thanks again for all the help!! You guys are awesome very knowledgeable!!!

11. Dquigley Aug 23, 2016

12. Dquigley Aug 23, 2016

Ok better resolution pictures image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

OmegaRolex and gatorcpa like this.
  13. DON Aug 25, 2016

Although not a popular styled model these days. Still have value due to the gold case. Not sure of the width of the case, but caliber 620 is a small movement, so guessing maybe 33 mm sized watch.

On Ebay. Maybe about $1000-1200. Woman's white gold of similar design sold for $1200. White gold more expensive than yellow and watch would sell as a jewelry fashion accessory for a woman more than as a man's watch

DON

14. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 25, 2016

Is your family heirloom for sale or are you asking price for insurance purposes?

15. Dquigley Aug 25, 2016

Thanks for helping me put a value to it. It's not really worth anything so I'll keep it and pass it on when I'm gone. If it had a higher value I might think about selling it. Either way I learned a lot about it, and it's a cool item to talk about when the kids get older. :)