Fake Vintage Omega?

As the case-back is not gold (?) I suggest to wait for a gold-capped Seamaster. I am not sure, but IMHO the coating had 40...60 microns that time and this looks really fantastic.

As the case-back is not gold (?) I suggest to wait for a gold-capped Seamaster. I am not sure, but IMHO the coating had 40...60 microns that time and this looks really fantastic.

The case is made of 14K solid gold.

No time to cry over it.
Life goes on.
Does not give me the same excitement but also very nice are those two pieces here from the same owner.

1) De Ville Automatic, 20micron gold coating, 34mm

2) Seamaster 14701-61, gold cap, 34mm, cal 562

what would be justified prices in your opinions?

No time to cry over it.
Life goes on.
Does not give me the same excitement but also very nice are those two pieces here from the same owner.

1) De Ville Automatic, 20micron gold coating, 34mm

2) Seamaster 14701-61, gold cap, 34mm, cal 562

what would be justified prices in your opinions?

Try eBay SOLD listings.

Think I'd have paid the $1800...solid gold, linen dial in excellent condition. Just my two cents. Personally I like these SMDV watches because they seem to wear a little bigger than some of the other vintage Omegas.

The gold-capped 166.010 (or whatever it is) looks decent. The gold-filled DV would be a no-go for me. It's probably better for you to figure out for yourself what you want to pay. Overall, I think gold-capped examples sell for similar prices as SS.

The gold-capped 166.010 (or whatever it is) looks decent. The gold-filled DV would be a no-go for me. It's probably better for you to figure out for yourself what you want to pay. Overall, I think gold-capped examples sell for similar prices as SS.
Sure, I was just wondering about the 40% price difference in that particular case (SS being the more expensive one).

Sure, I was just wondering about the 40% price difference in that particular case (SS being the more expensive one).

Huh? Neither of those are SS and you didn't give prices. Please re-read my post, I'm trying to help you learn to put values on watches. I will repeat, gold-capped prices are similar to SS, that should help with your research. Gold-plated watches are obviously worth a lot less, and not really something I'd buy.

Huh? Neither of those are SS and you didn't give prices. Please re-read my post, I'm trying to help you learn to put values on watches. I will repeat, gold-capped prices are similar to SS, that should help with your research. Gold-plated watches are obviously worth a lot less, and not really something I'd buy.
Sorry, I meant Seamaster (gold cap) which is 900 while the deville is 550.

There is also this one for 860.
Ref 186 002, 40 mic, 24 jewels.