Forums Latest Members
  1. fzhu052 Oct 6, 2016

I bought it for $20 knowing it is fake ('aftermarket'). It came just as an insert without the metal ring. It is whole piece plastic. Wanted to share here. Understand that people will read the feedbacks and 'improve' the fake one. So please refrain from pointing out 'this is obvious fake because ....'. Thanks, Frank.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mokofoko likes this.
  2. mokofoko One sad panda Oct 7, 2016

Looks like some pretty poor print quality--wouldn't be shocked if that easily rubbed off. Sort of looks like it's a bit clipped on the edges, which really doesn't look right vs the real thing. It's even more disappointing that they went with plastic for its construction.

Looks like the back is flat with some 3M double-sided tape, which is just plain wrong. The real deal should be flanged as seen in this pic from my bezel/insert separation guide:
    [​IMG]
    Genuine ones snap in, and I can't imagine they'd ever pop out of their own volition. The bezel ring only sticks out half-way, so half of that 3M tape shown is useless--very little's actually holding it down. I wouldn't be surprised if it just fell out at some point.

I'm really glad you made the effort to post those photos. I've wanted to see what a fake speedy insert looked like. I'm sure they also provided some instructions--mind posting a shot of that? I'm wondering how they recommend replacing the original insert. I bet they expect you to just tape it over the original bezel!!!!!!!!!!! ::screwloose::