Forums Latest Members

Fake Seamaster Planet Ocean Comparison

1. WYO_Watch Feb 27, 2017

I saw a planet ocean on Ebay at a super low price, so I decided to check it out. At first glance, my untrained eyes thought it looked good, but upon further comparison with an authentic piece I am nearly certain it is a replica from India. The markers at 12, 3, 6, 9 are square on the real seamaster, and the subdials do not have the etching. The back is also different - as the real seamaster has a see-thru case. Feel free to add to the list of differences or tell me if I am wrong. This will help protect the community if floods of these come over.
    IMG_5096.PNG
    IMG_5082.PNG IMG_5083.PNG IMG_5084.PNG IMG_5100.PNG IMG_5098.PNG

Then this being the example of a real Seamaster

IMG_5074.PNG
    IMG_5101.PNG

2. Uniqez Feb 27, 2017

As they say:" If you feel like it's too good to be true then it probably is."

WYO_Watch likes this.
  3. Maganator Feb 27, 2017

Sub dials too close together. Date wheel is the wrong colour...

WYO_Watch likes this.
  4. cwindham Feb 27, 2017

The PIP tells you all you need to know.

Nitzbar, KstateSkier, bnabod and 3 others like this.
  5. deryk527 Feb 27, 2017

Stay away from this one.

The bezel is all wrong and thin. Look at the triangle around the pip. The diving scale is all off balance.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 27, 2017

The pip and triangle printing is always off in fakes. On the fake 1st gens the triangle was actually better on the fakes.

7. Exarkun12 Feb 27, 2017

the date font is wrong as well

8. aesguerra Feb 27, 2017

My eye is horribly untrained at this early a stage of my Omega ownership, but the engraving looks horrible too (especially the "O" in OCEAN).

9. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Mar 3, 2017

horrible example of Replica. I have seen much more better!

10. CrisROSE Mar 3, 2017

hands are wrong too - points at the bottom not flats...

11. dx009 Mar 3, 2017

As others have said the lume pip usually gives away the fake...

12. Phil h Punxatawnee Phil - now out of the shadows. Mar 3, 2017

Bezel wrong material and colour
    Pip - wrong shape
    Caseback should be glass
    Subdials wrong
    Hands wrong shape

In fact everything is wrong

13. bokbok Mar 3, 2017

First look the pip would out me off

14. meganfox17 Mar 4, 2017

How are you Sir ?
    Did you know that Planet Ocean models are the easiest to fake ? Now not only they are produced in Asia but the final parts assembly are executed in Europe & Turkey ( part Europe part Asia right ?) No kidding Guys...

Let me share my thoughts on your thread since many moons ago , I had wasted a great deal of my school holidays & university semester breaks visiting the flea markets & having hands on experience dealing with these traders.
    The level of sophistication & craftsmanship manufacturing a fake timepiece is at an all time high , I mean we are now dealing with terms like Genuine Replicas and Authentic Fakes. .Your examples were quite basic actually , perhaps grade C but would still fool many innocent unsuspecting customers
    I'm not here to teach you how to spot a fake only to highlight the advancements made by fake manufacturers over the last few years
    ● The PIP dot on the bezel is now exactly within the triangle. No more giveaways here....
    ● The position of the Helium Valve escape has now been rectified & situated above the 10 o clock or 50 minute marker on the bezel.
    ● Yes of course the quality & finishing of the casing/ bracelet/ bezel/ crown have improved tremendously. The weight comparison ratio between a fake & genuine example is almost 1 : 1
    ● Guys...Just Ignore the Torchlight Charging Test on the luminescent hands & markers on the dial ok ? It's not even foolproof anymore..The quality of the Superluminova on the dials have improved vastly
    ●The Date Window alignment is better but still imperfect. The double digit dates on the PO now adequately occupies the window space.
    ●The same can be said about the applied Omega ( the M is always a pain in the arse ! ) logo & the alignment of the fonts which are still the remaining Archilles heel. The fonts are much better but somehow still have that unconvincing smudgeful appearance. More photos are on the next post 2017-03-05%2000.02.24.png
    Alright Guys ! Now be prepared for a Shock & Awe Moment with Meganfox[emoji136] I'm going to let you guys in on a little secret , something the Rolex Boys always suspected but could not prove it on the TRF because of lack of evidence. I have already made a promise to the Seller not to disclose his identity ( By the way is not a member of the OF or TRF ) so I wont answer any enquiries from any0ne here. Period !
    I guess you're all familiar with the Rolex DSSD ? ( Except @dougiedude ! ). Please examine the photos carefully. If you think nothing is wrong............
    THEN YOU'RE RIGHT.... !!! IMG-20170226-WA0007.jpg IMG-20170220-WA0004.jpg
    Oh , It's all legit , brand new , unworn year 2017. The Seller is offering Ref 116660 DSSD D Blue or more fondly known as James Cameron watch at a competitive ~ USD 11 K ! That's about 2 grand below the recommended premium retail price !

Pretty good deal right ? Why is that so ?
    That's because the example shown above is shockingly only a regular DSSD Ref 116660 version but the dial has been replaced with a clone ( or duplicate / imitation ) James Cameron D Blue dial ! Now , that's food for thought !

Edited Mar 4, 2017
    Uniqez and Nobel Prize like this.
  15. meganfox17 Mar 4, 2017

16. meganfox17 Mar 4, 2017

2017-03-04%2023.57.16.png 2017-03-05%2000.00.18.png

Miss_Bourginskay, Uniqez and Paedipod like this.
  17. emilio Mar 4, 2017

To me this always sounds a bit bogus..

Bought so many watches which were to good to be true..

18. Uniqez Mar 4, 2017

Well, this saying is really subjective. For me, it works most of the time.I have purchased some watches that were falling into this category quite few times(ended up going to bad parts of the city, packed just to look at the bargain) . But, if you see something that should go for a few grand, sells for couple of hundred, most likely there is a reason behind it. Now days every single person has an access to the internet and easy could find an adequate price for the goods they are trying to sell.
    P.S. sometimes you would have the lucky moment, like that guy with jlc deep sea alarm from goodwill. But, this is the rule exclusion.

19. Miss_Bourginskay Mar 4, 2017