Fake, repainted or original?? Any reason to believe this vintage pie pan is fake?

I am uncertain whether this forum is appropriate for this kind of posts

I’m in contact with a guy who’s selling a really beautiful black dial pie pan constellation from the 60s. I’m not an Omega expert and the guy claims to have the watch from Vietnam (which worries me).

Can anybody help me based on the pictures attached, whether it seems repainted or non-original. The seller claims everything is original.

Thanks for helping a novice!

I’ll wait for others to comment, but the fact that the photos of the dial are taken from an angle isn’t a good start. Ask the seller for a straight on high resolution photo of the dial taken in natural light and with the hands not obscuring any of the dial text.
Edited:

I’ll wait for others to comment, but the fact that the photos of the dial are taken from an angle isn’t a good start. Ask the seller for a straight on high resolution photo of the dial taken in natural light.

I can perhaps add a few more pictures, here you can also see the tiny omega logo imprinted in the glass

The omega crystal is nice, but we still need better photos of the dial!

W
Working on it, I asked the guy to send higher res photos. Thanks!

I’ll wait for others to comment, but the fact that the photos of the dial are taken from an angle isn’t a good start. Ask the seller for a straight on high resolution photo of the dial taken in natural light and with the hands not obscuring any of the dial text.
Hi both,
Here's the best photo I can get from the guy.

Although so many black dials are refinished, I'm inclined to think that this dial is legitimate, however I have been wrong on my assessment of other dials in the past, if it's a redial it is a very good one. The font and printing of the text looks sharp and the serifs are present, the minute marks are evenly spaced and in the correct place. Maybe someone with more expertise can jump in. The case looks 'soft' in that it has been polished in the past. Hands and crown look ok, although I see that some of the indices would appear to have traces of lume present but none on the hands. Movement looks ok. Bracelet end links don't look correct to me. All in all, me personally would be a little hesitant to buy this one. More hi res photos in proper lighting are needed, if these are not forthcoming then that's a red flag.

I agree it seems alright from those blurry photos, but it's a gamble. I've seen some very good redials come out of Vietnam. I'd want better photos unless you're getting a very, very good deal. The bracelet and end links look legit to me, but not the usual match for this case. Usually people pair it with a 7-row BOR with 70/570 end links (if my memory is correct).

Although so many black dials are refinished, I'm inclined to think that this dial is legitimate, however I have been wrong on my assessment of other dials in the past, if it's a redial it is a very good one. The font and printing of the text looks sharp and the serifs are present, the minute marks are evenly spaced and in the correct place. Maybe someone with more expertise can jump in. The case looks 'soft' in that it has been polished in the past. Hands and crown look ok, although I see that some of the indices would appear to have traces of lume present but none on the hands. Movement looks ok. Bracelet end links don't look correct to me. All in all, me personally would be a little hesitant to buy this one. More hi res photos in proper lighting are needed, if these are not forthcoming then that's a red flag.
Thanks a lot, BAJJ !!
I have gotten at chance to go see the watch for myself tomorrow. I will take some more high res photos by then and share them here, before purchasing the watch. I am hesitant myself but the deal -as it stands- is below 2K USD which, compared to vintage Consetellations here in Copenhagen (where I am from) seems to be a good deal.

I agree it seems alright from those blurry photos, but it's a gamble. I've seen some very good redials come out of Vietnam. I'd want better photos unless you're getting a very, very good deal. The bracelet and end links look legit to me, but not the usual match for this case. Usually people pair it with a 7-row BOR with 70/570 end links (if my memory is correct).
Thanks! I don't know if USD 1.600 for a watch like this is considered a 'Very good deal' 😀 But I will take some high-res photos of the watch myself tomorrow and share. And interesting with the 7-row BOR being the usual pairing, I wasn't aware of this

Thanks a lot, BAJJ !!
I have gotten at chance to go see the watch for myself tomorrow. I will take some more high res photos by then and share them here, before purchasing the watch. I am hesitant myself but the deal -as it stands- is below 2K USD which, compared to vintage Consetellations here in Copenhagen (where I am from) seems to be a good deal.
Sounds like a plan, there's no substitute for seeing the watch in person. Good luck👍

+1 for original, glare seemed legit to me

But I've recently seen some redials on eBay that got the glare right as well

I’m in contact with a guy who’s selling a really beautiful black dial pie pan constellation from the 60s.
It’s not a “pie pan”. So I would doubt anything this seller says.