Forums Latest Members
  1. L*A*L*L Sep 13, 2012

I had a watch which i tried to sell. It is listed on Omega Forums. I havent listed it anywhere else besides here.
    This watch was purchased by a buyer - Nicolas Andersen in London. I received his email and he was happy with the price.
    He made the payment through Paypal. I received confirmation of payment from paypal. So I sent the watch yesterday,
    Funds were not showing in my paypal account so I rang Paypal and they said its a fake transaction from fake paypal site. I gave them transaction ID but they said ID does not exist.

Any advises.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 13, 2012

I've moved this to the seller reviews topic, what details do you have on Nicolas Andersen, was he a registered member on this site?

3. Littleroger Sep 13, 2012

4. alam Sep 13, 2012

ouch! I have read of similar accounts in the past. Personally, I will not ship the item until am able to transfer and verify the money reached my bank account. Too many crooks out there and this will be tough to crack specially if you reside in the US and shipped the watch to Europe. Good luck.

5. Littleroger Sep 13, 2012

6. MKelley Sep 13, 2012

Unbelievable, hopefully you can resolve this:mad:

7. MKelley Sep 13, 2012

That's a great approach to avoid possibility of problem:thumbsup:

8. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 13, 2012

On the other hand, chargeback is the only method left when shitbag sellers do not refund. I now have two transactions where returns were accepted and the seller has not refunded and is ignoring all communication. Chargeback is the only way I can get my money back. It is a hassle to do a chargeback though, as I have to provide all info & correspondence in writing to the credit card issuer.

9. MKelley Sep 13, 2012

I don't know of any 100% safe method for doing business on the internet. Whatever method is available, some less than stellar a**hole will find away to compromise it.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  10. Littleroger Sep 13, 2012

Aye, there's the rub.

MKelley likes this.
  11. MKelley Sep 13, 2012

Only advice I can thing of, and it will probably be frustrating, is to keep on top of paypal & jump through whatever hoops they ask of you. IMHO, I would continue the good fight for as long as necessary, until I had resolution or an unsurmountable dead end. :mad:

12. ulackfocus Sep 13, 2012

The real Paypal had nothing to do with this - it's a fake site the scam artist set up to bilk people out of the stuff they're selling.

Trev likes this.
  13. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 13, 2012

Presumably you have already shipped the watch ? Do you have an address to which you posted it ?

Nicolas Andersen is probably a fake name but the address is something to start with.

MKelley likes this.
  14. MKelley Sep 13, 2012

Ok, my bad for not articulating my response with more detail. I was of the opinion paypal would have some involvement or offer some assistance. This would not be first scam ever involving paypal fake sites. I could very well be wrong. :oops:

15. seamonster Respectable Member Sep 13, 2012

Respectable Member L*A*L*L

As days go by, more and more fake items and activities are coming our way.

We have to be wary at all times and hopefully, your issue will be resolved, eventually.

Thank-you.

16. Trev The Architect Staff Member Sep 13, 2012

Why would Paypal be involved at all? They have no obligations or responsibility whatsoever. They were never a part of this unfortunate incident.

17. MKelley Sep 13, 2012

I suppose, unless they had information, or were gathering information of a particular fake site that could assist paypal or they were gathering information to assist paypal in future litigation against a particular site/individual for unauthorized use of intellectual property own by paypal. Then again, maybe I'm wrong.

18. L*A*L*L Sep 13, 2012

Paypal is also informed about the fraud. They are following it up.
    Australia post has been paid a fee of $25 by which they can - Withdraw From Delivery in London - As the item is in transit and is going to be possible . Matter reported to London Police Online Squad. And Australian Police.
    Will keep you posted.

19. ulackfocus Sep 13, 2012

Dude, we're pulling for you. I hope you get the watch back and that douchebag scammer gets nailed.

Littleroger likes this.
  20. MKelley Sep 13, 2012

I second that:thumbsup: