Forums Latest Members
  1. ViktorEvil Aug 24, 2016

Hi I recently had an accident whilst wearing my seamaster, broke my wrist and bent the clasp on the strap, I've found several replacements online but they all look slightly different to my original clasp. Mainly the retaining rivet that holds the clasp closed is flush on the new ones but mine is slightly raised as shown in the pics (top one is same as mine and bottom one is the only one I can get online) has Omega changed something in the new part or are they fakes?

Thanks for you help

image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. ScubaPro Actually dives with dive watches!!! Aug 24, 2016

I have no idea for sure, but OEMs do change stuff from time to time to improve a product. This looks like that kind of thing, as a flush type of fastener makes more sense than an exposed rivet and they may have redesigned it. If you're concerned, buy from an AD. Hope the wrist wasn't too trashed. That can be quite a drag.

3. ViktorEvil Aug 25, 2016

Hi I've been doing some more searching and some of the authorised dealers have pictures of the clasp I am after, all of them have the flush rivet so it does appear to be a slight revision from Omega. (Accident was a bit of a drag 2 broken bones in my wrist and 5 in my face but at the time I was more concerned about my watch that had fallen to the ground)

Thanks

Jwit likes this.
  4. ScubaPro Actually dives with dive watches!!! Aug 25, 2016

Ouch! That sounds painful. Speedy recovery.

5. Tattie22 Aug 28, 2016

I recently purchased a new Seamaster and on checking the clasp the rivet is flush if that helps.

6. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Aug 28, 2016

What did you do to yourself? Do you happen to have pictures of the injury? Sorry I'm an EMT and just curious.... Must have been some significant force to break your face.

I do hope you recover speedier than the speediest speedy on the planet (and Mars for good measure).

7. ViktorEvil Aug 29, 2016

I was at a Skateboard park with my kids, the concrete ramps were very slippery as it had been raining and I slipped over (not on a skateboard) from the top of a ramp. As I fell I instinctively twisted to get in a break fall as I teach jujitsu but because of the upward curve of the ramp the side of my face hit just before my arm did breaking my jaw and shattering my eye socket plus breaking two bones in my wrist. I have titanium plates in my face that they screwed in through my mouth so I have no external scars. Lucky to be alive apparently

Just about to purchase my Seamaster clasp now that it seems legit. Can't wait to wear it again :)

Edited Aug 29, 2016