Forums Latest Members
  1. neoxch Sep 2, 2016

Hi guys!

I'm new here and signed up because I would like to buy a vintage Omega.

I came across this one:
    http://www.chrono24.com/en/omega/semaster-manual-winding--id4707409.htm

What kinda scares me is the fact that it's written Seamaster. If i Google the reference 135.041 I only find Genèves.
    I've read somewhere that this reference has first been part of the seamaster collection, then had both Genève and Seamaster on the dial before it ended up as a Genève.

Is this true?
    I would really appreciate it if somebody can tell me if this is a real one.
    Your oppinion/advise on the watch is more than welcome!

Thank you so much in advance.

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 2, 2016

Did you read the description? I clearly states that the dial has been repainted. It may well be real but you can find one with an original, untouched dial, for about that price. Also, with the location being Mumbai, India, I would move on quickly.

JimInOz likes this.
  3. neoxch Sep 2, 2016

Thanks for your Response. Yes I've read that, but wouldn't have thought this includes the replacement of the lettering. I do like that the dial is clean. I don't really mind repainting, unless it's more than freshening up the original dial.

Do you think the Location is an issue? On this Website, he is stated as Trusted Seller since 2013. Do you have experience with this Website? It seems trustworthier than ebay auctions to me. But then again, I've never bought a watch online..

Thank you very much.

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 2, 2016

I don't think it's any more trustworthy. Buy the seller. If you want a vintage Omega, look at the Private Sales section of the Omega Forums. You'll get an honest watch from an honest seller.

5. neoxch Sep 2, 2016

Ok, thank you!