Forums Latest Members
  1. abente Aug 5, 2018

My wife got her dad's watch after he died, but has never used it. Someone with knowledge needs to take a look at it first. So for her birthday I thought I might get that done, but first I need to know if this one is fake (I think it is...)
    Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]Omega 1[/url] by Andreas Bente, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [​IMG]Omega 3[/url] by Andreas Bente, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [​IMG]Omega 2[/url] by Andreas Bente, on Flickr[/IMG]

2. Georgieboy58 Aug 5, 2018

Pics don't show. It's better to upload them to Omega Forums directly using "ADD PHOTOS".

Edit: they show when I click on your name link, but then I see your complete album of pictures.

From the pictures, I am sure it's not a fake, but the dial may have been repainted in the past, which is an issue for collectors only and should not keep you from getting it fixed for your wife to wear.
    Experts will chime in for more detail and will probably ask for photos of the movement and the inside of the back (as this has the actual model number stamped into it). You should not try to open it without the correct tooling.

Edited Aug 5, 2018
    Foo2rama likes this.
  3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 5, 2018

I don't think it's fake either. Somethings going on with the dial or it may just be the lousy photos. Please take a clear, high resolution of the dial, straight on, so we can better see what it is. It may just be patina but the 3 is bothering me.

4. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Aug 5, 2018

The wristwatch looks original. Does it run?