Forums Latest Members

Fake or not: Chronometre cal 133.8

1. Risto Dec 8, 2016

This add in eBay.Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

It looks a bit dodgy dial.
    The seller does not want to share any pics from inside. I wrote to him.
    Has attitude: "if you don't like it, don't buy it".

This can't be a chronometre, right?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Dec 8, 2016
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Dec 8, 2016

The 133.8 was made in chronometre version, but this is a bad redial.

3. Risto Dec 8, 2016

Question is does the buyer have right for refund if it's not a chronometre. I mean it should have 'chronometre' written on the movement if it's on the dial. If the seller won't post a photo of the movement, I'd say it's misleading ad.

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Dec 8, 2016

First of all, if a seller won't provide a photo of any movement, then you are accepting a big risk. If, in this instance, the seller were to claim that he cannot remove the case back in order to take a photo, you could tell him that you might be willing to buy the watch if he guarantees the movement to be a chronometre. If he refuses to do that, then – need I say it? – you'd be a fool to buy it.

Some sellers genuinely are unable to safely remove case backs, so an ad like this might not be misleading, just incomplete.

5. Risto Dec 8, 2016

Yeah. I also sent him a message and asked to provide the photo of the movement. No answer. I know that some watches require special tools to open the case and even some local watchmakers here don't have these tools, so I don't blame him not opening it himself. I have Lemania 5100 Sinn 157 watch that no watchmaker (we have them ~10) in town don't want to open. I have to go to bigger city to Omega dealer who can also guarantee 100m water resistance.

6. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 8, 2016

that caseback can be opened with regular tools. But even if it is a chronometer - would you buy it with that appalling redial?

rahilb likes this.
  7. Risto Dec 8, 2016

I guess not. Outsourcing original dial for this movement might be difficult.