Forums Latest Members
  1. Pumpduck Sep 4, 2016

Hi

I just bought an Omega Seamaster Cosmic which is nearly identical with the one from this post:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-seamaster-cosmic-advice.355/

The only difference is, that mine has "automatic" written under the Omega logo. I understand this model is not an original but rather a refinished model in a "Ranchero" or "Railmaster" style. I do really like the look of the watch, but does this make the watch worthless?

2. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Sep 4, 2016

Very difficult to help you without pictures of the dial and the movement of your watch. Please post some and perhaps we can offer some insight.

3. Pumpduck Sep 4, 2016

4. ConElPueblo Sep 4, 2016

It's not worthless as such, but it is not of interest to collectors, who'd want the genuine article, which isn't that hard to come by anyway. Your watch has had its dial repainted, but it's otherwise a genuine Omega - though some other parts may have been changed; it's difficult to say without better photos and pictures of the movement.

IMO, the worst part with these redialed models is that they are often based on watches that have had a hard life and is probably very much in need of a service. Yours is almost certain no exception.

If you like it - that's great :)

5. Pumpduck Sep 4, 2016

Thank you for the replies. I have added a better photo now. I do like the watch, but I dont want to pay for something that is not worth the money. I have paid 470 euros for the watch, is that too much? I do still have the option to cancel the trade.

6. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Sep 4, 2016

Value or price is a hard thing to quantify in this case. You have very little to compare to and as such, it is worth what someone would pay. If you want an answer to your question, in my opinion 470 euros is too much. I desire watches that have not been modified, so it is natural that I would feel that way. I am sure there will be other opinions and viewpoints coming.
    It is a good looking watch though.

7. Xrob45 Feb 28, 2017

Evening all,

Would welcome views and comments on this Cosmic, like the op I'm a newbie....

Cheers

IMG_1818.PNG IMG_1819.PNG

8. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Feb 28, 2017

The seller has been trying to sell this watch for quite a few months now. The dial is OK, not good not bad. The indices have lost their lume and look a little bare. Wrong second hand and as you can see, the hour hand is a little chipped up. All this leads to the price ($748), which is way to much for this example and in my opinion, to much for a very good example. Throw in $44 for shipping and the guy is crazy. This dial and hand combo is rarer. I paid just under $400 for mine.
    Here is mine, 135017 manual wind cal 601. Your example is probably a cal 552 automatic.
    2016-10-20 005.JPG

Xrob45 and ConElPueblo like this.
  9. Xrob45 Mar 1, 2017

OK great, thanks for the advice, does yours need a new home :)

cheers

10. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 1, 2017

Not right now, but I will give you first right of refusal. :thumbsup:

11. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 1, 2017

12. Xrob45 Mar 1, 2017

Thanks , ive got that bookmarked..minute hand is bent and I don't really know a watch guy who would sort it..do you think it's a black or grey face?

13. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 1, 2017

putty or grey

14. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 1, 2017

15. Xrob45 Mar 1, 2017

Cheers. I will need to think about that one as I,m in the UK