Forums Latest Members
  1. Awb1971 Dec 5, 2018

i was looking at a Omega 2278-2 on-line. The description was as follows:

CIRCA: 1940s
    REF.: 2278-2
    CASE MATERIAL: Stainless steel case with plated base metal bezel
    CASE DIMENSIONS: 35 mm in diameter
    DIAL: Silver finish with silver Arabic numerals, with small seconds and 30 minute recorder subsidiary dials, and tachymeter scales
    BRACELET MATERIAL: Brown calfskin strap by Hodinkee
    BRACELET SIZE: 6-1/4 to 7-1/2 inches
    MOVEMENT: Manual, No. 9602535
    FUNCTIONS: Time, chronograph with tachymeter scale
    CALIBER: 27 CHRO T1PC’
    Like many chronographs from the 1940s, this steel OMEGA features two sub-registers at 3 and 9 o'clock and a tachymeter scale. Additional notable characteristics are the modern-style hands and the Arabic numerals.
    Condition
    The dial shows some spotting, particularly around the edge of the dial. There is also a bit of wear on the edge of the minute subregister. The hands are in excellent condition. The case appears to be unpolished with some scratches commensurate with age and wear. Movement is running at the time of cataloging. Overall a watch in very nice vintage condition.’

I Perhaps i’m Missing something, but is this an authentic Omega? There is no Omega marking and the number seems very poorly engraved/stamped...
    Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you

2. Awb1971 Dec 5, 2018

Here are the pictures... sorry.

16A9A163-FD0E-4D23-BAB8-8491527F8CAD.jpeg 01C34CEC-B6FC-4F35-8F0D-D82F75CFB458.jpeg
  3. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Dec 5, 2018

the Mvmt. has an omega stamping next to the 2 o`clock pusher. a weird position...... but it is there. need better pics from that area. the mvmt. number on the bridge points to a different company. kind regards. achim