Forums Latest Members
  1. fjf Jul 2, 2016

They are sold as kits. Amazing. Careful out there!. They look like the real thing, but I've read elsewhere they are fakes.

[​IMG]

Seems the "factory" is also faking Fortis Marinemasters. New specialty: colorful watches from the 70s, sold as kits (NOS) or even assembled.

Edited Jul 2, 2016
  2. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jul 2, 2016

Wow..... Its like the Harley Davidson thing, you can build a complete Harley out of aftermarket parts, right down to the engine, and nobody really seems bothered by that.

except maybe Harley.

3. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Jul 2, 2016

I'm quite attracted to the Dynamics and I'm not sure what to think about these. I suppose that if you bought a kit to build it just for your own interest, it has some hobby value. But these things have a habit of 'migrating' and could become insidious.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 2, 2016

Remember folks, links to fake sites or sales are not permitted. :)

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 2, 2016

Except in the one and only appropriate thread.

6. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jul 2, 2016

Maybe somebody will explain the difference between the Dynamic "fakes" and the Watchco SM300s...

Barnzee and connieseamaster like this.
  7. Perrier Jul 2, 2016

I actually find this fascinating.

What would be the reasons to not buy this + movement as a daily beater?

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 2, 2016

Where the parts come from , Omega has tacitly acknowledged the Watchco watches as Omegas. These dynamics have not been shown to be 100% Omega and the OP referred to them as fakes.

dragoman likes this.
  9. ChrisN Jul 2, 2016

I think what @fjf is saying is that these are fake parts, not made by Omega. I don't know these well enough but in the eBay ad, now removed, the dial printing looks crude. If these are fake parts then I wouldn't go near them.

On the other hand, the Watchco SM300s are all Omega parts, they just never left the factory together. I'm sure that it's been stated before that Omega do not have a problem with you re-casing your 565 sixties movement into a new case as long as you started with a watch.

Edit: post crossed with @cicindela ...

Cheers, Chris

dragoman likes this.
  10. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jul 2, 2016

I have seen these Dynamic and Fortis kits. They look great. I thought they were like the Watchco kits. OEM/NOS parts.
    I am curious, what is the source of the claim that they are fakes?.

11. dragoman Jul 2, 2016

[​IMG]

Well, the Fortis thing is evident. They even send you a fortis branded rotor so you can turn a standard ETA movement into a Fortis branded one.

And in the cases sometimes they stamp the word Waterproof wrongly, as Waterproop.

And they no longer use proper Supercompressor cases (at the beginning, they used spares).

And the kits for Dynamics are fake as hell as well. The dials are clearly not original (although the quality is not bad).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally, the price, and the endless supply of kits.

12. fjf Jul 2, 2016

I wonder, how many assembled dynamics out there are also fakes?. And how many of those watchco speedys are real?. Those who bought from WatchCo directly can be sure, but what about the resold ones?.

Edited Jul 2, 2016