Forums Latest Members

Fairly New To Watches - How To Take Pictures And Host Them Properly

1. scotty Apr 2, 2013

Looking for some expertise help here. What tips can you guys give me on taking pictures of your watches to post. No flash, type of light, background, size of picture, etc. I used to do this with an old VW but you never took pictures from 6 inches away!

How about hosting the pics for posting for boasting :) and selling. It's been over 5 years now since I tried hosting any pics and the websites I used to use are out of biz now. Makes me wary of who to use.

2. scotty Apr 2, 2013

I tried uploading a file from my computer to the forum, got an error message, file toooooo large!

3. ulackfocus Apr 2, 2013

No flash - use indirect sunlight and diffusers if necessary (tracing paper works okay for those on a budget). Don't worry about a little reflection. It gives a little depth to your shots.

The backround can be anything, but don't select something too busy.

Make sure you use the macro setting, and a tripod will help with clarity.

Load your pictures from your computer to an internet host like Flickr or Photobucket and copy & paste the IMG code in your posts.

4. pascs Apr 2, 2013

I normally resize my pics to about 1000x660 before uploading them. I use photobucket (not my favourite site anymore) and they have plenty options to upload and edit your photos. Then you can simply paste their IMG code into your posts here

For really close up photos of watches I use a Vivitar x10 Macro lens, these are only about $5-10 and screw onto the lens of a DSLR lens.

5. scotty Apr 2, 2013

I will try playing around with settings. The first pics I just took came out a 5 - 7 mb's. A little too big I think.