Forums Latest Members
  1. Jakekirwin Sep 18, 2016

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png Hello recently posted this manure wind 601 omega Geneve on eBay for £250 was just wondering if people think that's a fair price or if not what should it be listed at thanks for anyone's time :)

2. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 18, 2016

Manure wind! Not sure I like the sound of that.

Hmm man wind Geneve with unfashionable gold plated finish? I would want it at £175-£200 if running, a lot less if not. If it were a running steel cased one in good nick then maybe £225-250 but not otherwise. GP stuff is hard to shift, it has all the negative style connotations of yellow gold without the actual luxury feel and when it wears and brasses through it isn't fixable by polishing and can look bad.

Edited Sep 18, 2016
    Jakekirwin likes this.
  3. Jakekirwin Sep 18, 2016

It runs lovely no faults the gasket looks like it needs replacing within a couple years but apart from that in good condition for its age

4. Jakekirwin Sep 18, 2016

5. tyrantlizardrex Sep 18, 2016

That gasket looks like it's turned to black gloop.

Stick it up for 99p no reserve, and let the market decide. ;)

tapaptpat and padders like this.
  6. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 18, 2016

No offence but original crown and knackered gasket means zero water resistance, the buckle looks worn through the plate and the case has dinks. The crystal is scratched at best and cracked at worst (can't see the omega symbol in the middle by the way). It is honest and fairly original certainly but still not going to be worth loads. The steel 565 auto Geneve models like this are still in the £250-£300 range so to expect nearly the same from a man wind gold plated one is optimistic IMO. You did ask for opinions!

tapaptpat and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  7. Jakekirwin Sep 18, 2016

Thanks I prefer an honest opinion :)

tapaptpat and padders like this.