Forums Latest Members
  1. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 1, 2016

Firstly, a happy and prosperous New Year to everyone.

The reason for my post is a good friend is looking to get his first decent watch and has taken a shine to my 2531. I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment and am willing to let it go.
    Problem is he knows next to nothing about watches and trusts me not to rip him off. He has around £1000 to spend, so would that be a fair deal for a 2002 watch in decent condition with box and papers that was serviced 5 years ago?
    He wants a watch that will at least hold it's value, and I don't want to lose a friend for the sake of £100 or so.
    thanks.

2. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jan 2, 2016

check out ebay and make sure to tick the "sold only" option on the left hand side of the screen

3. Davidt Jan 2, 2016

Is that the full size, mechanical one? I'm not up on these but that sounds very fair.

4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 2, 2016

Yes it's the full size auto.

5. Thegreatroberto Jan 3, 2016

Depends how good a friend he/she is!
    I'd have said a good/excellent 2531 "Bond" Seamaster with box and papers was worth more than £1000, even as a private sale. And of course it depends on how much you want/need to sell. I think £1200 feels better. Does it keep good time, or is it due a service? A service from an Omega authorised service centre is about £240.

6. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 3, 2016

Thanks for the replies guys. We agreed a price that we are both happy with.
    I found out this morning that he won't be wearing it, he will stash it away for his kids, along with the submariner that his father gave him for his 21st birthday 29 years ago.